Bookmarks side panel

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
Slim_is_phat

Bookmarks side panel

Post by Slim_is_phat »

In the update history, I found in version 1.0.10 "Added bookmarks side panel". How can I find this side panel?

Joel

Re: Bookmarks side panel

Post by Joel »

Settings > Bookmarks > Show bookmarks side panel
Not everyone is a genius like you; treat them accordingly.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

just to be clear, don't actually enter into settings....just left click the settings icon...5th item down is bookmarks (I originally went right into the settings, itself!).
Joel wrote:Settings > Bookmarks > Show bookmarks side panel

Joel

Post by Joel »

oops... :oops: sorry about that, yes, I neglected to specify that. Thanks for making the clarification.
Not everyone is a genius like you; treat them accordingly.

Slim_is_phat

Post by Slim_is_phat »

It works now - but some weeks ago it didn't. Maybe it was a problem of the German version I use, or my PC had "it's own opinion"...

Thanks for the help! For me, this was the main disadvantage of SJ compared to SB. Now I miss just two things: A button to open the bookmarks side panel with one click, and the use of the windows favorites folder, so SB and SJ would always have the same bookmarks. (Sharing my whole bookmarks with Xmarks is no option for me.)

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

You can press Ctrl+I to quickly open the side panel. Sharing bookmarks with IE/SB is not an option for us, though.
Slim_is_phat wrote:It works now - but some weeks ago it didn't. Maybe it was a problem of the German version I use, or my PC had "it's own opinion"...

Thanks for the help! For me, this was the main disadvantage of SJ compared to SB. Now I miss just two things: A button to open the bookmarks side panel with one click, and the use of the windows favorites folder, so SB and SJ would always have the same bookmarks. (Sharing my whole bookmarks with Xmarks is no option for me.)
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

seregadushka

Post by seregadushka »

1. Please, make Bookmarks LEFT side panel as in Coowon Brouser (1-auto hide , 2-no hide)
Last edited by seregadushka on Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

seregadushka

Post by seregadushka »

2. Make in Bookmarks LEFT side panel Favorites has a real link in the tooltip

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

One thing that was keeping me from using a Chromium based browser was the lack of a bookmarks side panel. I am rapidly becoming more and more of a fan of Slimjet because it does indeed have this feature. I am becoming more and more impressed with Slimjet as I become more used to using it. It loads much faster than the latest Firefox (I have been a Firefox user for many years) and page rendering and loading is much faster with the Blink engine also. Keep up the good work !

My only complaint is that I would like to see the developers refine this panel a bit more so that it is more similar to the panel that is found in Firefox and other Mozilla based browsers. I know that there is a slide bar at the bottom to move everything over to the left and I am making use of that also. I would also like to see the ability to add an additional folder to the existing folder list and have it a stand alone folder that is not inside one of the existing folders. At any rate, thanks for having this feature in your browser. I have many bookmarks all organized into many folders and having this side bar allows me to access my favorite sites a lot quicker than using the conventional bookmarks menu.

seregadushka

Post by seregadushka »

Make in Bookmarks LEFT side panel Favorites has a real link in the tooltip
1. tnx for this option !
2. don't double tag <title>, only real link
Last edited by seregadushka on Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.