Slimjet Portable correct ICO file

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
ClareLondon

Slimjet Portable correct ICO file

Post by ClareLondon »

Hi

I'm trying to achieve multiple installations of either Slimjet or Slimjet portable, so that I can customise the browser with a default ICO file.

I've now installed 2 different Slimjet Portables, in 2 different locations. I copied my bespoke ICO file into: slimjet/user data/default Then I renamed my bespoke ico as google profile.ico.

Then I made a shortcut from the slimjet.exe file and in properties, pointed the icon towards the bespoke ico. I stuck a copy of the shortcut on the desktop - and it worked fine. It loaded up with my bespoke ICO.

Then I did exactly the same sequence for a SECOND Portable Slimjet, contained within its own separate folder. The shortcut displayed the second ico file perfectly.

But - both portable versions open with only the 1 ico, from the first installlation, despite both of them being in different source folders. When I checked propertiers on both shortcuts, they both pointed to the correct place. So it doesn't make sense for the second portable to point towards a location that doesn't even appear in its properties.

It seems that it is possible to run only one version of the main Slimjet and Portable Slimjet - with bespoke ico files.

I'm very puzzled by all this. I was expecting this to work. Why doesn't it?

I noticed somewhere else a long explanation about editing the registry, in response to the same thing being attempted with Chrome. I don't mind editing the registry - but isn't there is simpler way?

Thanks.