Right click and Google search: Problem.

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
arkadipop

Right click and Google search: Problem.

Post by arkadipop »

Hello!.
I have a problem. I don't know what I touched in the configuration, but when I shade X text that interests me, I right click and select "Search for X words in Google", instead of opening a new tab to perform the search as before, an iframe opens from Google showing the results (!!!), and the page that was open goes blank without showing anything (???).
I attach a screenshot so that it is understood:
postimg.cc/WqgnchpN
Can someone tell me how to restore this to its default version and stop this from happening?
Thank you!

Mr_Electro84

Re: Right click and Google search: Problem.

Post by Mr_Electro84 »

Mr_Electro84 wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 8:32 am
city_zen wrote:
Fri May 12, 2023 8:21 am
Anonymosity wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2023 11:39 am
It sounds like Google's usual shenanigans. They want to force ads on people and track them all over the internet. They have found a new way to do that.
I don't think that in this case it's Google at all that's doing this. It certainly looks like it's just Slimjet that's using this sidebar thing for search results.
Because it's only when using Google as a search engine for Slimjet's right click menu that this sidebar is appearing. Using any other search engine opens a new tab with the search results. Also, when using right click "Search Google for ..." in Chrome, search results open in a new tab, not in any sidebar.
So it most likely is some (poor) design decision from Slimjet's developer(s)
Hopefully it can be made optional in future Slimjet versions
I checked and...no it's not a Slimjet related feature but a Google Chrome feature (which has been implemented in Chromium):
https://kulturegeek.fr/news-268878/goog ... -recherche
(Article in French, to be translated according to your means in English)

P-S: I use another search engine by default (Qwant), and I don't have the results opening in a side panel but in a separate tab
Mr_Electro84 - From France
Bonne année ! - Happy new year !
Windows 11 - Slimjet 42 (64 bit)

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

This was also discussed here

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3389

and I'm going to make this a General forum topic.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

arkadipop

Post by arkadipop »

It seems that this is done by Chromium only with Google, with other search engines it does not happen. There is no apparent solution.
Thank you.

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

I just did a search with Google and it opened the results in a tab, not in the sidebar.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

me too, ya hoo
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11