How to update in this case?

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
chelonian

Re: How to update in this case?

Post by chelonian »

oftentired wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:32 pm
So the default offline installer choice should work on your box.

There is more than one possible reason for a failure to extract. An issue with the Slimjet installer is the least likely. But, you may want to download the offline installer one more time just to be sure you didn't get a bad download.

Two things I would check out first if it was my box, is to check how much disk space I have available and to run some anti-malware software. You can get an online scan done that does not require a download or install.
I tried downloading it again and running it. Same thing. I have about half of disk space free on a 1GB hard drive. I didn't run anti-malware software yet, though I really doubt that's it. I have no other problems with installing programs on this computer.

I wound up trying the web installer and it worked. I am not sure how, as I thought it wasn't supposed to be able to from 32. In any case, I am now at Slimjet 33.0.0, 32-bit version. So all is well. Thank you.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

that is strange, glad to hear it was resolved.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

I had been having troubles with automatic updates, but the last two updates went OK.
Ditto for Brave, so this is not necessarily just a Slimjet issue.