Update Slimjet and KEEP older version as well?

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
Kewpycat

Update Slimjet and KEEP older version as well?

Post by Kewpycat »

Is there a way to install the latest version of Slimjet and ALSO keep an earlier version available when needed?

I'm still on Ver. 29.0.3.0 because I NEED Quickfil for some sites, but I'd like to install the latest version and use that most of the time, keeping the option of using Ver. 29, when I need to use Quickfil.

Anonymosity

Re: Update Slimjet and KEEP older version as well?

Post by Anonymosity »

You would need to have two profiles.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Since your not updating 29.03 run that version from the standalone and you should be able to run the current version alongside it from a normal installation.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Kewpycat

Post by Kewpycat »

Ok, so where do I find the "Standalone"?

I looked on the download page, but didn't find it. Then I went to "older" versions, but didn't see anything called "Standalone". And when I click on "Portable Version", Malwarebytes blocks it due to "Malicious download".

And, once I do find it, can I assume that I update my "installed" version and then when I need it, I can run ver. 29 seperately and alongside it?

Thank you.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Anyway, I think it is this one for 64 bit installation http://www.slimjetbrowser.com/release/a ... 7z_x64.exe

And this one for 32 bit installation http://www.slimjetbrowser.com/release/a ... 7z_x86.exe
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Kewpycat

Post by Kewpycat »

I keep getting a Malwarebytes warning page when I click on either of the 2 links you posted. Is that a "false" warning?

And if so, are the files that the links point to "compressed" files that unzip when clicked on?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I scanned the x86 with Virus Total and with the anti-virus on my computer. I didn't see or get a warning. Looks like a false positive from Malewarebytes.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Kewpycat

Post by Kewpycat »

Need a little help please.
Seems like the link(s) you posted; all it did was revert Ver. 32 back to ver. 29. So now, I'm not sure what "standalone" means.

As I originally posted, I'd like to have BOTH versions available for use, with Ver. 32 the "default". Not sure how to get that to happen.
Thank you.