SAVE AS PDF... DOESN'T SHOW PREVIEW WINDOW ANYMORE

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
willburr555

SAVE AS PDF... DOESN'T SHOW PREVIEW WINDOW ANYMORE

Post by willburr555 »

After one of the later Slimjet updates the "Save as PDF..." stopped bringing up a large print screen, which included a (left) preview pane and (right) print options. The Chrome print window still works like that.

BEING A NEWER USER, THIS SYSTEM ISN'T ALLOWING ME TO POST IMAGE LINKS! IF ANYONE NEEDS TO SEE THE SCREENSHOTS, PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO UPLOAD THEM, OR EMAIL ME AT SENORWILLBURR@GMAIL.COM

Now, a small "Print" window comes up, with very limited options and no preview pane. Also, PDFs created through the new, small window, are extremely bad quality and mostly NOT selectable text, regardless of which "Print To PDF" printer, or options I select.
How do I get that preview window back?

oftentired

Re: SAVE AS PDF... DOESN'T SHOW PREVIEW WINDOW ANYMORE

Post by oftentired »

In Settings, under Misc, look for "Print using system dialog". If that is on turn it off. If it is off turn it on. See if that takes care of it.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

willburr555

Post by willburr555 »

oftentired wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:00 pm
In Settings, under Misc, look for "Print using system dialog". If that is on turn it off. If it is off turn it on. See if that takes care of it.
oftentired, that works! I tried several things & finally unchecked that setting. Too bad I saw this after the fix. I am not sure how to mark an answer as a solution, but if you tell me, I will.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

When I moved it to the Usage Questions part of the forum, that indicates resolution.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11