can not install

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
eightdain

can not install

Post by eightdain »

I installed the new version of slimjet regular installer over the older portable version and recieved a error message that said they did not install properly. I uninstalled slimjet and now can not get either version to reinstall properly. The exe file seems to be missing. The installer asks to install icon and launch, I ok the message but it does not create the icon or launch. Thanks Jim

islandman

Re: can not install

Post by islandman »

I can't help you Jim, but give it time for someone to spot your post. I've noticed that sometimes posts go a day or so before anyone responds.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I suggest deleting the folder it was installed to
and if the install doesn't work after that install to a different folder name

eightdain

Post by eightdain »

I've deleted the folder and all slimjet items i could find. I tried to install in a new folder and that did not work. Durning the install it shows 36 errors. i tried the new install on a different computer and it worked ok. This is a Windows 7 system. thanks Jim

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

right click the installation file and select the choice to Run as Administrator

eightdain

Post by eightdain »

I tried to in stall as administator and I still cannot get Slimjet to work. I still do not have a exe after the install. thanks

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I suggest that you schedule your hard disk for an error check to eliminate the possibility that this is hardware and not software related

dev

Post by dev »

Does sound like a problem with the computer not slimjet. Does the install folder have the exe file in it (it should) which could create a shortcut from ?

eightdain

Post by eightdain »

I have scanned the hard drive and it checks out ok. The exe file is missing. I do not think it ever installs slimjet with all the needed componets. thanks