How to use Chrome "Default" Password Manager in S/J?

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
Kewpycat

How to use Chrome "Default" Password Manager in S/J?

Post by Kewpycat »

Slimjet Form filler going away soon. (V30). I see that you can transfer all of Form Filler's stored info into the "DEFAULT PASSWORD MANAGER". So what happens then? How do you use the "Default Password Manager"? Will there be an Icon at the top similar to Form Filler that will drop down a list of all of the saved sites? Thank you.

oftentired

Re: How to use Chrome "Default" Password Manager in S/J?

Post by oftentired »

No drop down icon. The built in chromium password manager works in the background. When you navigate to a site with a login/password it will interact with you at that point. You have options. I may be mistaken, but I think you can interact with the built in, or default, password manager by going to Settings and clicking Password in the autofill area. I probably have to turn off the quickfill first to find out for sure. Maybe later today I'll mess around with that.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Kewpycat

Post by Kewpycat »

Hello Oftentired,
Did you have a chance to turn off the Quickfill to see what the settings are?

Also, with the impending elimination of Quickfill, what's the best way to "emulate" the familiar usage of that - meaning is there another way to have a "drop down" list of all the sites I go to that have log ins? Thank you.

Kewpycat

Post by Kewpycat »

Hello Oftentired,
Did you have a chance to turn off the Quickfill to see what the settings are?

Also, with the impending elimination of Quickfill, what's the best way to "emulate" the familiar usage of that - meaning is there another way to have a "drop down" list of all the sites I go to that have log ins? Thank you.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Okay

I just use a bookmark folder on the bookmark bar for the "drop down" of websites I frequent, the most frequented being in one and then the other sites categorically by folder name

In Settings under Autofill, the three sections there other than quick-fill all have to do with the built-in password and information manager. It essentially does everything quick-fill does. If you allow it to save stuff it will become populated with information you can monitor and change.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Kewpycat

Post by Kewpycat »

It essentially does everything quick-fill does
Will the default password manager "click" the log-in button, as Quickfill does? (I know, I'm lazy!)
Thanks.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

no

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Kewpycat

Post by Kewpycat »

Ok, thank you for your help.

I may try to avoid updating S/J as long a possible, in order to continue to use Quickfill.

I did send an email to Stephen, requesting that for those of us who only use one device (and therefore have no need to "synch"), to maybe retain Quickfill as an unsupported option.

Kewpycat

Post by Kewpycat »

Well, so far, I have to say that using the "Default Password Manager" has been frustrating and disappointing.

Some sites work just fine, others just refuse to populate the log-in fields, even though they worked ok with Quickfill (In fairness, there were a few sites that Quickfill wouldn't populate the fields either, but it's much worse with the "Default PW manager")

I'm hoping the developers will retain Quickfill, with the understanding it won't synch to other devices.

Kewpycat

Post by Kewpycat »

So is it confirmed that Quickfill is removed from Slimjet V.30?

If so, I'll have to be "stuck" on V.29 for as long as possible, as try as I might, the Chrome "Default" Password manager simply doesn't work properly for many of my saved log ins that worked perfectly with Quickfill.

If I'm the only one with this issue, then I must be doing something wrong, but I don't know what that is.

I appealed to the developers to retain Quickfill, acknowledging that it won't "sync" across devices, but no response.