Disable typed URL history?

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
supermurs

Disable typed URL history?

Post by supermurs »

I really enjoy Slimjet over Chrome but there is one feature that is annoying me currently.

In the address bar on the right there is this small black arrow that displays all the URLs I've entered when it is clicked. The issue is that it includes also all the urls I've typed when I've been using the incognito mode. I won't go into detail about the particular URLs but is it possible to disable the feature entirely? I tried to find a setting in the browser properties and I also searched the internet for an answer, but I didn't find anything.

Thank you in advance!

The version I'm using is 3.1.0.1 on Linux.

dev

Re: Disable typed URL history?

Post by dev »

I don't know personally how to remove the setting completely and i'm using windows so i don't if its any different but when you have finished your browser session just hit the arrow highlight any url and select delete all. I know its not the ideal solution but its one to try.

skyview1

Post by skyview1 »

History On/Off This is the exstension I use. NO history is recorded. You can have it on or off

dev

Post by dev »

skyview1 wrote:History On/Off This is the exstension I use. NO history is recorded. You can have it on or off
The extension doesn't stop what the OP has asked for tho, the url's will still show when the arrow is clicked. Incognito Mode is being used by the OP which is exactly the same as what this extension does but without the developers of the extension being able to see his history. Plus if you go to ~/Library/Application Support/Slimjet/Default for os x systems or C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Local\Slimjet\User Data\Default then in either of these locations, you’ll find a file called “History” with no file extension then in OS X, right click on the file and choose Get Info (or highlight the file and press Command-I). Under “General,” check the box for Locked. This will prevent Chrome from modifying this file and thus stop any future browsing history from being recorded. For Windows, right click on the History file and choose Properties. In the Properties window, check the box for Read-Only and then press Apply which in fact negates the use of the extension at all which in turn saves ram and stops the devs of the extension reading your history.

supermurs

Post by supermurs »

Thank you all for your replies. I'll test these today!