Question about search engine set up in omnibox.

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
Passenger

Re: Question about search engine set up in omnibox.

Post by Passenger »

The upgrade to version 25 restored the full default list while leaving my list below the line intact.

But making one of mine below the line into the default just swaps out whichever was the top default, it does not let me add to the top list at will.

So I put it back the way I had it, which is sill much better than how it worked in my Firefox installation.
The keyword feature is excellent and I was just pushing the limit.

Thanks to all who answered. 8-)

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

Passenger wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:17 am
The upgrade to version 25 restored the full default list while leaving my list below the line intact.

But making one of mine below the line into the default just swaps out whichever was the top default, it does not let me add to the top list at will.

So I put it back the way I had it, which is sill much better than how it worked in my Firefox installation.
The keyword feature is excellent and I was just pushing the limit.

Thanks to all who answered. 8-)
Seems like it is at the least "good enough" as is so glad to know you at least have it in a state you can enjoy. Earlier I looked through many files and was unable to locate any type of editable configuration files related to this matter, sorry I couldn't offer anything helpful.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Tweakerz wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:23 am
Seems like it is at the least "good enough" as is so glad to know you at least have it in a state you can enjoy. Earlier I looked through many files and was unable to locate any type of editable configuration files related to this matter, sorry I couldn't offer anything helpful.
Thank you. I pretty much did the same before I asked, but my general expertise does not relate to Slimjet or Chromium.

Just for completeness here is my set up

What I wanted to do is move all but "down" and "nort" up top, leaving those for keyword only.

I have bookmarked "Slimjet search" but left it out of the omnibox.

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

I have 5 up top and a LOT below, oddly though I don't recall adding so many, I guess I did it so long ago I forgot I added them.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Tweakerz wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:07 pm
I have 5 up top and a LOT below, oddly though I don't recall adding so many, I guess I did it so long ago I forgot I added them.
I automatically adds ones it detects, and I clean them out every so often.

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

Passenger wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:09 pm
Tweakerz wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:07 pm
I automatically adds ones it detects, and I clean them out every so often.
Makes sense, I know it grows so I suppose I knew it adds them but did not really think about it ya know.

nima_amin

Post by nima_amin »

How were you able to move them? I have by default 6 in the "standards", if I add another one it is among the "others" below the line, and I can only move it up by making it the default search engine. But I just want to have it as another choice in the dropdown of the search field, not as default engine.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Other than default, it puts them in alphabetical order.

---
Since I started this thread I have fiddled my list a little, but it's still the same basic idea.

I have also added this extension:

Don't add custom search engines
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... bmkocdhacc