Create folders in Speed Dial

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
Tweakerz

Create folders in Speed Dial

Post by Tweakerz »

Hello,

New guy here obviously, search returned no useful information and I did try to help someone before I asked for help (because why not?).

So I have been an Opera and Vivaldi browser user and I've really come to like having folders on my Speed Dial (and don't use bookmarks ever) so I was looking but I think missing how to make this happen in Slimjet so any advice would be very appreciated. I hope I have simply overlooked it as I have a lot to learn what with the multitude of options offered.

If this is already answered I apologize but again searching offered nothing useful so please reply with suggestions or a link if this was already asked and answered, thank you!

oftentired

Re: Create folders in Speed Dial

Post by oftentired »

Unless someone has figured out how to work around it. Pointing a speed dial at a local folder will open that folder in Slimjet but it won't let you open it in an explorer window.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

oftentired wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:09 am
Unless someone has figured out how to work around it. Pointing a speed dial at a local folder will open that folder in Slimjet but it won't let you open it in an explorer window.
I appreciate the response but I feel maybe I was unclear and this has brought about some confusion. Local folders are not the goal (although long ago I did call local apps and folders from within Opera browser).

What I would like to do is, for example, make a new speed dial entry that is a folder. For simplicity, we can call it "Google" then clicking it will open it and inside I could have additional speed dial entries for Gmail, Calendar, YouTube, G Suite, etc. Then I would return to the main speed dial page and make another folder, this one called "Slimjet" and then open it and make more entries such as to the main page, the forum, etc etc as needed.

Thanks again.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

To the best of my knowledge that is not possible with Slimjet at this time. I do the same thing with folders on the Bookmarks bar. But I can see how it would be nice to use the speed dial and save the space used by the bar.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Tweakerz

Post by Tweakerz »

oftentired wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:43 pm
To the best of my knowledge that is not possible with Slimjet at this time. I do the same thing with folders on the Bookmarks bar. But I can see how it would be nice to use the speed dial and save the space used by the bar.
I did not think it an option but I just wanted to be 100% sure. I also notice a lack of tab previews when hovering tabs with the cursor, neither are enough to put me off using it. I seem to change browsers every few years and sometimes more often based on the look and feel and of course, features offered. I currently have high hopes for Slimjet because it uses so little in resources compared with Opera and Vivaldi.

Thanks again.