Extension icons

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
JosephWebber

Extension icons

Post by JosephWebber »

I want my extension icons to be visible at all times, but when I come back from reboot or hibernation they have disappeared and I have to restore them.
How do I ensure that they are visible all the time?

sleeper10

Re: Extension icons

Post by sleeper10 »

JosephWebber

Post by JosephWebber »

Doesn't work. There is no gap between the "Bookmark this page" star at the end of the address bar and the first toolbar icon.
The only way I can show them again is Menu (which, by the way, does not have the three lines icon) > More tools > Extensions, which is a pain to keep doing.
This should not be necessary. There is no reason why the icons cannot remain visible, particularly after resuming from hibernation.

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

It's not the gap near the star you want, it's the gap after the little black arrow at the right end of the toolbar. If you don't see an arrow there, go to Settings and enable 'Show arrow button at the end of the toolbar'.

JosephWebber

Post by JosephWebber »

I have found the little black arrow but it is not at the right hand end of the toolbar. It is at the right hand end of the icons that can be manipulated by Customise Toolbar, but the extension icons are to the right of that, between it and the Menu.
When, by way of experiment, I pulled the double-headed arrow to the right it covered the extension icons as expected, but the double-headed arrow then disappeared and it was not possible to uncover them.
If there was some way to include extension icons in the list of Customise Toolbar items as and when they were installed, then they would appear to the left of the little black arrow and the problem would go away.

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

If you go back to that same gap, the double headed arrows should reappear. Pull them to the left and hopefully that will do it.

JosephWebber

Post by JosephWebber »

I can confirm that, if I make the extension icons visible by Menu > More tools > Extensions, then close Slimjet and reopen it, the extension icons have disappeared and there is no double headed arrow to the right of the little black arrow, so I have to go through the same Menu process again.

jeffhere

Post by jeffhere »

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

JosephWebber wrote:I can confirm that, if I make the extension icons visible by Menu > More tools > Extensions, then close Slimjet and reopen it, the extension icons have disappeared and there is no double headed arrow to the right of the little black arrow, so I have to go through the same Menu process again.
Any chance getting the double headed arrow back by left or right clicking the space after the little black arrow? Seems like it might be hidden somewhere.

JosephWebber

Post by JosephWebber »

Tried it and no it doesn't. This shouldn't be necessary anyway, they should just stay visible.
As jeffhere says, this should be fixed; it's an unnecessary irritant.