How to Stop Videos Autoplay

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
scutrona

How to Stop Videos Autoplay

Post by scutrona »

I started using Slimjet fairly recently and although I am very pleased with it, I did not yet figure out how to stop videos from autoplaying.
I searched in the forum, but I did not find any topic on this subject.
Anyone knows how to do it?
I am using Slimjet 10.0.13.0 on a Win XP SP3 32 bit machine.

oftentired

Re: How to Stop Videos Autoplay

Post by oftentired »

This is not a Slimjet setting. This is a question that comes up about Facebook video.

Open Facebook, Choose "videos" from the menu on the far left, then switch the setting for "Auto-Play Videos" to "Off."
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

scutrona

Post by scutrona »

Thanks for the reply, but this is not happening with Facebook only.
Any site with an embedded video would start playing automatically as soon as I mouse over the video - being a news feed, a newspaper, a social media site, or any other site.
FF, Chrome and Edge have specific options under settings disabling the videos autoplay. I was wandering if Slimjet had it too.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

When Content Settings are available (there is a toolbar Icon for this) you can toggle Gif animation. That is the only one I'm aware of Slimjet will allow direct control over. All other settings for video play might be found on some webpages by right clicking on the video or possibly a webpage setting such as found on Facebook. I've not tried it but possibly turning off java script for a domain using the same Content Setting icon may affect some website video. Apologies this is not a strong area for me. I'm happy when video's will play at all!
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

sleeper10

Post by sleeper10 »

scutrona wrote:I started using Slimjet fairly recently and although I am very pleased with it, I did not yet figure out how to stop videos from autoplaying.
I searched in the forum, but I did not find any topic on this subject.
Anyone knows how to do it?
I am using Slimjet 10.0.13.0 on a Win XP SP3 32 bit machine.
Old thread I know, but in chrome://flags you can try disabling 'Autoplay Policy'.

Or, maybe an extension like this might work for you :?:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... pgcopnljpm