Is there a drop down menu for the installed Icons

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
R712G561

Is there a drop down menu for the installed Icons

Post by R712G561 »

I have 24 very small icons representing various installed extensions and other icons such as the history and bookmarks. Unfortunately they are too small for easy recognition. The text only showing when my mouse hovers over one.

I would prefer not to have the icons showing in the toolbar. Instead I would like one icon that drops down to show larger clickable icons and their function, similar to a drop down dock. You have done the same with your menu icon. Is there similar extension for the other clickable icons now showing in the desktop toolbar?

oftentired

Re: Is there a drop down menu for the installed Icons

Post by oftentired »

Settings > Appearance

check the box next to, "Show arrow button at the end of the toolbar"
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

R712G561

Post by R712G561 »

oftentired wrote:Settings > Appearance

check the box next to, "Show arrow button at the end of the toolbar"
The arrow is next to the add blocker. When I click it I see

Customise Toolbar
Reset toolbar
Show toolbar buttons on lieft
Hide this button

Customise toolbar does not allow for any changes to the extension icons.
The extension icons are not being shown in the drop down menu.
The arrow does not seem to me to do what I was requesting. Is it because i am running Gnome 16.04?

I would prefer not to have the extension icons showing in the toolbar. Instead I would like one icon that drops down to show larger clickable icons and their function, similar to a drop down dock.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

my error I missunderstood your question

I think the developers have not gone far into writing an extension manager because there are several really good ones available at chrome web store. Why reinvent the wheel?
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

R712G561

Post by R712G561 »

Thank you for replying.

If you click on the menu icon and imagined that what dropped down was a list of clickable icons for installed extensions, that is what I was trying to ask about. I looked at a few of the extension managers but they do not provide for the moving of all the extension icons into a drop down menu. I want to move the icons off the desktop into one drop down menu item. Have you seen an extension that does that?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I do not have many extensions to manage. I have not needed to explore the possiblities.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11