Add blocker

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
R712G561

Add blocker

Post by R712G561 »

I am not doing well with the add blocker that you supply with slimjet. I have installed the addblocker removal list, the English sites and the Japanese sites. I still get:

Site Notification that i should turn off my addblocker.
Popup adverts which will not close and instead take me to the off site location when I try to close the window.
New tabs opened automatically in off site locations.

Any ideas how to cloak my visit better?

oftentired

Re: Add blocker

Post by oftentired »

There are no adjustments to make to the built in ad blocker.

You can look at the general security settings and see if any of the settings you currently have might improve your situation by being changed.

Also, you can see if you fare better with an ad block extension instead of the built in one. There are several good ones available.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

Any idea as to how to totally disable the built in ad blocker ? I mean, I do not use it in favor of Adblock Plus, however, there are some sites where I disable Adblock Plus for and the ad blocker is still detected. So the sites must be detecting the built in ad blocker in Slimjet. I just was wondering if there is some internal setting that I could get to that would ensure that no trace of the built in ad blocker would be running for any reason.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

RBTB2605 wrote:Any idea as to how to totally disable the built in ad blocker ?
I have not the first clue. Perhaps the developers would consider adding this as an option in the settings.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

R712G561

Post by R712G561 »

I have just noticed that in the menu under add blocker there is the option to untick "enable adblocker". I do not know if I install another addblocker, that will also be turned off. I doubt it but do not know.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

Well here is a site where the built in ad blocker seems to be detected even though I am not using it and Adblock Plus is disabled ...

http://www.atlanticcitywebcam.com/

and another:

http://www.portnassauwebcam.com/

When you go there, it takes a few seconds, but then the next page pops up telling you about disabling your ad blocker.