opening a link within a webpage

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
dghappyone

opening a link within a webpage

Post by dghappyone »

I can't figure out why clicking on a download link or a picture will do nothing? On the same page in Chrome clicking on the link or the pic will open it in a new tab. How do I make a setting change to correct this?

oftentired

Re: opening a link within a webpage

Post by oftentired »

I'm not sure from your dialog what the problem may be.

Try pressing the Ctrl key and then clicking a link and see if that has any affect.

The Ctrl key, when pressed prior to clicking a link, becomes a toggle to change the behaviour of what happens when a link is opened in the browser. It toggles opening a link in a new tab vs the same tab.

And more of an FYI, the Shift key acts as a toggle to open a link in a second new instance of Slimjet.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dghappyone

Post by dghappyone »

Thanks for the info but it didn't solve the problem. Maybe I can clarify the problem. On most web pages clicking on a link will open the link without a problem (acts just like using Chrome). Where the problem happens is in a chat room when a file is posted with a "Click here to download it" link. The cursor turns from an arrow to a hand but nothing happens when you click the link. Also if you right click to view options to open, they are all there but don't work.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

If your using the builtin Turbo Charged Downloader, try pressing the Alt key to toggle it off when you encounter a link that won't work right.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11