Open websites becoming blank pages in tabs

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
browzzer

Open websites becoming blank pages in tabs

Post by browzzer »

I love Slimjet and prefer it over other browsers out there. However, there is one quirk that is driving me crazy. I searched the forum and cannot find an answer that works. Here's the problem: If I visit a few websites, all of which show an as open tab, then go back to them, it becomes a temporary blank page which requires a bit of patience. Eventually, (about 15-30 seconds later) the page will come back in its original form. System is running XP. I've tried playing around with settings to no avail. Tried hardware acceleration on and off, cache, no cache, clear cache, memory management on, memory management off. Tried pinning tabs. Nothing seems to help. Any suggestions?

oftentired

Re: Open websites becoming blank pages in tabs

Post by oftentired »

If you have Settings>Memory Management>"Automatically unload idle tabs..." checkmarked you might uncheck it is and see how that works for you
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

browzzer

Post by browzzer »

Already tried memory management. Nothing checked under that section at the current time. Tried checking/unchecking everything there as well. Also notice that if I open a tab then go back to it within a minute I can retain it. Otherwise, it shows blank for the 30 seconds or so then appears.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Perhaps this a a RAM/graphic card issue. Your running XP, I presume on a older box with an older graphic card and less RAM. There is a lot of data involved in rendering webpages these days. Possibly your system is swapping out to the virtual drive the unused Tabs data in favor of the current active Tab.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

browzzer

Post by browzzer »

You are correct. Older box, less RAM, old card. Maybe a good reason to move on to something more modern. Just thought maybe a trick or tip out there to make the wait between tabs a little less time consuming. Using WiseCare Memory Optimizer in the background. Seems to help a little. I guess a small price to pay for a browser that works better than all the other ones out there I have tried.