No passwords in Password manager?

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
skribboth

No passwords in Password manager?

Post by skribboth »

I have a few passwords saved in Slimjet, for example the Slimjet forum password. But, if I open the password manager there are zero passwords listed. Even tho I can see the "slimjet - open form" etc in the omnibox.

what am I doing wrong?

cwm4bama

Re: No passwords in Password manager?

Post by cwm4bama »

Do you have a check mark in the box "Offer to save your Web passwords"??

skribboth

Post by skribboth »

cwm4bama wrote:Do you have a check mark in the box "Offer to save your Web passwords"??
yes

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

skribboth wrote:I have a few passwords saved in Slimjet, for example the Slimjet forum password. But, if I open the password manager there are zero passwords listed. Even tho I can see the "slimjet - open form" etc in the omnibox.

what am I doing wrong?
There are 2 ways to save user ID and passwords for website login. The builtin chrome password manager allows you to see only the ones saved through the auspice of the browser interface. The other one, Quickfill (which can be used both as a form filler and password manager), is added on top of the chrome functionality. This can have an Icon on the toolbar if you have not customized it gone. So if you cannot find what you looking for in the password manager customize your toolbar and reveal the Quickfill icon and click that to check Quickfill. When your dealing with saving webpage login it will be important to understand the difference between the 2 and to know which one you are using.

Slimjet Quickfill Form Filler Help Page

Chrome Password Manager Help Page
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

rezarahab

Post by rezarahab »

I also faced same problem and I'm currently using passwordwrench. I think, it may be a
Best password manager to you.

skribboth

Post by skribboth »

oftentired wrote:
skribboth wrote:I have a few passwords saved in Slimjet, for example the Slimjet forum password. But, if I open the password manager there are zero passwords listed. Even tho I can see the "slimjet - open form" etc in the omnibox.

what am I doing wrong?
There are 2 ways to save user ID and passwords for website login. The builtin chrome password manager allows you to see only the ones saved through the auspice of the browser interface. The other one, Quickfill (which can be used both as a form filler and password manager), is added on top of the chrome functionality. This can have an Icon on the toolbar if you have not customized it gone. So if you cannot find what you looking for in the password manager customize your toolbar and reveal the Quickfill icon and click that to check Quickfill. When your dealing with saving webpage login it will be important to understand the difference between the 2 and to know which one you are using.

Slimjet Quickfill Form Filler Help Page

Chrome Password Manager Help Page
Thanks a lot. I did use QuickFill, just didn't remember what it was called. All my five million accounts show up in QuickFill!