Remove "new tab" button (plus sign)

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
skribboth

Remove "new tab" button (plus sign)

Post by skribboth »

Hi, I was wondering if there is a way to remove the new tab button in the tab bar.

jeffhere

Re: Remove "new tab" button (plus sign)

Post by jeffhere »

Not that I am aware, through Slimjet.....this is a chrome feature and all the browsers I've used that use the chrome engine have that new tab button for quite some time.

dev

Post by dev »

Yeah unless slimjet can alter the ui its inbuilt with chromium, they (google) removed the + sign for a while but people wanted it back. Perhaps add a theme that hides it a bit ?

skribboth

Post by skribboth »

The real problem for me is that Slimjet over all looks like a browser from 2005, but anyway, I made a theme that matches my OS now so it's a bit more subtle :)

But I was thinking that , since you can change the tab look in the binaries/libraries (before compiling), maybe one could change the new tab button in the same way (obviously quite complicated if you've never compiled something before, which I've only tried like once and didnt succeewd)

dev

Post by dev »

skribboth wrote:The real problem for me is that Slimjet over all looks like a browser from 2005, but anyway, I made a theme that matches my OS now so it's a bit more subtle :)

But I was thinking that , since you can change the tab look in the binaries/libraries (before compiling), maybe one could change the new tab button in the same way (obviously quite complicated if you've never compiled something before, which I've only tried like once and didnt succeewd)
I hate squared tabs too lol but glad you got it resolved to a degree, so how about posting your theme here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120

skribboth

Post by skribboth »

dev wrote:
skribboth wrote:The real problem for me is that Slimjet over all looks like a browser from 2005, but anyway, I made a theme that matches my OS now so it's a bit more subtle :)

I hate squared tabs too lol but glad you got it resolved to a degree, so how about posting your theme here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120
I made it using the app on chrome store, called Theme Creator. I just started the app and picked the same color for all areas (same color as my windows task bar), that makes the button blue square into whatever color you want :)