How to change default newtab page?

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
dancaer69

How to change default newtab page?

Post by dancaer69 »

I tried to change the default newtab page from settings -> display -> Basic page "Change" button, but new tap button still opens the default start page. My page loaded when pressing the home button though. Is there any other way to set it?

dev

Re: How to change default newtab page?

Post by dev »

settings -> display -> Basic page "Change" button
Are you using slimjet or another browser as i don't recognise those shortcuts in settings . slimjet its settings / on startup / untick open new tab page. then down to open a specific page or set of pages / set page

dancaer69

Post by dancaer69 »

Yes, I'm using slimjet. Maybe the names are a bit different because it' s not in english language, so I translate them.
This that you suggested is for startup. I don't wanna this, I just want when I'm pressing the new tab(+) button, to open a custom page and not the default slimjet' s new tab page. There are addons that replace this page(lighting speed dilal for example), but I want to do it manual, so to put my custom page.
EDIT:
I just found that chrome(and probably slimjet) doesn't have a way to set a custom page as new tab page. The option which I mentioned in my first post is for start page(when pressing home button) and working fine. I also opened slimjet://chrome-urls and I didn't found something there too. So I installed an extension for now. Would be nice if in a future version will be added such an option though.

dev

Post by dev »

try settings tab options go to following page when opening new tab. i use launchpage from chrome store as mine you can just set a picture if you want to for a new tab