Ad blocker question... about Blocking Components

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
Post Reply
Sesshomaru
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:18 am

Ad blocker question... about Blocking Components

Post by Sesshomaru » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:28 am

I'm not sure if this is a bug or if I'm just doing something wrong.

I am trying to transition from Chrome to Slimjet and have everything pretty much the same now except one thing. I use Yahoo Mail and in Chrome, I would have Adblock Plus block several elements on the Mail page due to Yahoo rearranging buttons and adding others I don't want that just get in the way such as the Archive button and Archive folder. Adblock Plus blocks them fine and it automatically blocks them when I load the page, but the ad blocker in Slimjet does not do this. I can block the elements once and they go away, but even if I click "Update Selected Filters Now", it will not block those elements again upon reload. If I try to select those components again, it says they are already blocked yet they aren't being blocked. Is this a bug or is there something extra I have to do to make these changes stick? The only way to re-block them is to manually delete them from the filter list and add them again, but I doubt this is how it was designed to work. Any suggestions?

I am using Windows XP SP3 and am running Slimjet 10.0.8.0.

RBTB2605
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:06 am

Re: Ad blocker question...

Post by RBTB2605 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:13 am

I do not use the built in ad blocker in Slimjet and continue to use Adblock Plus.

dev
Posts: 761
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:30 pm

Re: Ad blocker question...

Post by dev » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:04 am

Not much help to you but the in built one has never worked as good as it should and its been like it since they added it. I use ublock as it doesn't hit your ram usage as much as other external solutions .

Sesshomaru
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:18 am

Re: Ad blocker question...

Post by Sesshomaru » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:37 am

Thanks. Before I came here to post this, I had tried to install ABP from the chrome store, but I got some kind of unpacking error or something and thought it wasn't possible. I just tried again after your messages and it worked this time. I got both ABP and uBlock Origin back and it's fine now. It's a shame the built-in ad blocker doesn't work properly. It's a good idea.

Post Reply