Does the Slimjet "What's new" page contain everything?

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
slim.moe

Does the Slimjet "What's new" page contain everything?

Post by slim.moe »

Hi,
In this page, are the fixes and additions listed for each mini version the only changes made, or are there other things as well that aren't listed here?
If I currently have version 11.0.2, and the fixes in the following two mini version don't concern me, is there any value in me updating to 11.04, or are those the only things that I'll get?
Thank you.

cwm4bama

Re: Does the Slimjet "What's new" page contain everything?

Post by cwm4bama »

11.0.4.0 change log:

- Fix bug with display of bookmark bar under Linux
- Fix bug with exit confirmation dialog. (also fixed the "Check Update" problem

11.0.3.0 change log:

- Update Korean language.

So download and install 11.0.4.0 on top of your current version...none of your settings will be affected.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

slim.moe wrote:Hi,
In this page, are the fixes and additions listed for each mini version the only changes made, or are there other things as well that aren't listed here?
If I currently have version 11.0.2, and the fixes in the following two mini version don't concern me, is there any value in me updating to 11.04, or are those the only things that I'll get?
Thank you.
Flashpeak, the developer, explained on another forum that the change-log will contain everything of significance, but will not detail every single code addition, deletion, or correction that is made.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

slim.moe

Post by slim.moe »

oftentired wrote:Flashpeak, the developer, explained on another forum that the change-log will contain everything of significance, but will not detail every single code addition, deletion, or correction that is made.
So can there be any security fixes that I'll be missing by not updating to every new mini version?

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

slim.moe wrote:
oftentired wrote:Flashpeak, the developer, explained on another forum that the change-log will contain everything of significance, but will not detail every single code addition, deletion, or correction that is made.
So can there be any security fixes that I'll be missing by not updating to every new mini version?
Yes, there can be security fixes since Slimjet is based on Chrome and usually lags behind the latest Chrome version anyway.

slim.moe

Post by slim.moe »

In other words, every newer Slimjet mini version is also a newer Chrome mini version (in addition to the Slimjet exclusive fixes)?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

slim.moe wrote:In other words, every newer Slimjet mini version is also a newer Chrome mini version (in addition to the Slimjet exclusive fixes)?
Not sure exactly what you mean by mini version so I'll say it this way.

It is almost always true that Slimjet advances its primary version number when it wraps a new version of the Blink/Chromium engine under the Slimjet hood.

so...

all of Slimjet 9.x.x.x was Chrome 49
all of Slimjet 10.x.x.x was Chrome 50
all of Slimjet 11.x.x.x is now Chrome 51

Which means, you can likely safely skip most of the minor version updates. But I would keep an eye for significant bug fixes that might come up now and then.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11