Does the Slimjet "What's new" page contain everything?

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
Post Reply
slim.moe
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:09 pm

Does the Slimjet "What's new" page contain everything?

Post by slim.moe » Sat Aug 13, 2016 9:46 pm

Hi,
In this page, are the fixes and additions listed for each mini version the only changes made, or are there other things as well that aren't listed here?
If I currently have version 11.0.2, and the fixes in the following two mini version don't concern me, is there any value in me updating to 11.04, or are those the only things that I'll get?
Thank you.

cwm4bama
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:16 pm

Re: Does the Slimjet "What's new" page contain everything?

Post by cwm4bama » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:52 am

11.0.4.0 change log:

- Fix bug with display of bookmark bar under Linux
- Fix bug with exit confirmation dialog. (also fixed the "Check Update" problem

11.0.3.0 change log:

- Update Korean language.

So download and install 11.0.4.0 on top of your current version...none of your settings will be affected.

User avatar
oftentired
Posts: 1277
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 3:14 am

Re: Does the Slimjet "What's new" page contain everything?

Post by oftentired » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:50 am

slim.moe wrote:Hi,
In this page, are the fixes and additions listed for each mini version the only changes made, or are there other things as well that aren't listed here?
If I currently have version 11.0.2, and the fixes in the following two mini version don't concern me, is there any value in me updating to 11.04, or are those the only things that I'll get?
Thank you.
Flashpeak, the developer, explained on another forum that the change-log will contain everything of significance, but will not detail every single code addition, deletion, or correction that is made.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

Running 32 Bit SJ on Win 7 Pro

slim.moe
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:09 pm

Re: Does the Slimjet "What's new" page contain everything?

Post by slim.moe » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:00 pm

oftentired wrote:Flashpeak, the developer, explained on another forum that the change-log will contain everything of significance, but will not detail every single code addition, deletion, or correction that is made.
So can there be any security fixes that I'll be missing by not updating to every new mini version?

RBTB2605
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:06 am

Re: Does the Slimjet "What's new" page contain everything?

Post by RBTB2605 » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:31 pm

slim.moe wrote:
oftentired wrote:Flashpeak, the developer, explained on another forum that the change-log will contain everything of significance, but will not detail every single code addition, deletion, or correction that is made.
So can there be any security fixes that I'll be missing by not updating to every new mini version?
Yes, there can be security fixes since Slimjet is based on Chrome and usually lags behind the latest Chrome version anyway.

slim.moe
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:09 pm

Re: Does the Slimjet "What's new" page contain everything?

Post by slim.moe » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:59 pm

In other words, every newer Slimjet mini version is also a newer Chrome mini version (in addition to the Slimjet exclusive fixes)?

User avatar
oftentired
Posts: 1277
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 3:14 am

Re: Does the Slimjet "What's new" page contain everything?

Post by oftentired » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:37 pm

slim.moe wrote:In other words, every newer Slimjet mini version is also a newer Chrome mini version (in addition to the Slimjet exclusive fixes)?
Not sure exactly what you mean by mini version so I'll say it this way.

It is almost always true that Slimjet advances its primary version number when it wraps a new version of the Blink/Chromium engine under the Slimjet hood.

so...

all of Slimjet 9.x.x.x was Chrome 49
all of Slimjet 10.x.x.x was Chrome 50
all of Slimjet 11.x.x.x is now Chrome 51

Which means, you can likely safely skip most of the minor version updates. But I would keep an eye for significant bug fixes that might come up now and then.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

Running 32 Bit SJ on Win 7 Pro

Post Reply