Site can't be reached...

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
johnboy49

Site can't be reached...

Post by johnboy49 »

Hello, when I first downloaded Slimjet everything was fine. Now when I try to get on site I get the message "site can't be reached".
Anybody any ideas? Thank-you.

johnboy49

Re: Site can't be reached...

Post by johnboy49 »

It's OK, Have uninstalled it. Thanks for looking.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

It is not possible for anyone to give proper help with so little information.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

johnboy49

Post by johnboy49 »

Hello, thanks. All the information is there. I downloaded it, installed it and all was well. Next time I went to open it, it told me, "Site Can't be Reached".
What else can I tell you?

dev

Post by dev »

what operating system ? windows then which version xp, vista 7 etc, non windows linux etc. which version of slimjet , portable/standard ? 32 bit, 64 bit then the actually release number 10, 10.1 etc etc, Does it happen on every site u try ? Do you have any extensions running if so which ones ? The list could go on ....people on the forum do try to help but we do need a little info to do that :)

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Also, list anything you have already tried to do such as turning off firewall to see if it is blocking the browser. Anything you have already eliminated as the cause of problem is just as important as describing the problem.

It is not a problem I have seen reported by other users. The nature of your problem and zero similar reports make it high probability that the problem has to do with your computer and not Slimjet itself.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

johnboy49

Post by johnboy49 »

Thanks again. It's a Win7 SP1, IE11. As for the other suggestions I would need to download it again and see what it brings up. But the fact that it did actually work at the start then refuse to open afterwards baffled me.

johnboy49

Post by johnboy49 »

Thanks folks for help. I have abandoned the idea of having Slimjet browser. With first download I at least got to do some surfing. This time all I get is "site can't be reached".