Does Slimjet store cookies in a different manner from other chromium based browsers?

Asking questions regarding how to use Slimjet.
Passenger

Does Slimjet store cookies in a different manner from other chromium based browsers?

Post by Passenger »

Not really a problem with Slimjet as such, but ...

1) I have made Slimjet my default browser again after a long hiatus.
2) CCleaner cannot find my Slimjet cookies.

It's not a deal killer or anything if I can't fiddle with my cookies under the covers using CCleaner, but I'd like to understand what is going on.

Thank you.

Passenger

Re: Does Slimjet store cookies in a different manner from other chromium based browsers?

Post by Passenger »

Also how to look at a list of all the cookies.
It's easy on a per tab basis, but I'm looking for a way to view a full list of them all.

If not an externally readable file, some way within the browser.

Thank you.

Passenger

Re: Does Slimjet store cookies in a different manner from other chromium based browsers?

Post by Passenger »

Found it:
chrome://settings/content/all?search=cookies

Still can't figure out where they are stored in the file system.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Since chromium http cookies are maintained in a single text file where the chromium browser manages requests from/to websites via the browser engine it is easier to make use of a GUI to manage cookies such as you found with
chrome://settings/content/all?search=cookies

You can also try a cookie management extension. And there may be software independent of the browser to manage them as well but I've not researched that.

If you want to see where the file is physically at on your HDD, Slimjet keeps them in App Data under the Local folder, use file explorer to search for "Cookies". Other browsers also use Local some use the Roaming folder. Most now use the name Cookies for the associated file.

To find all the cookies files I search for "Cookies" in the C:\Users\David\AppData folder which covers Local, Roaming, and LocalLow. I have found mine in both Local and Roaming depending on which browser.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

I have several Chromium based browsers and some digging under the covers shows the way they store cookies is completely orthogonal as to the location in the file system.

%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\{browser}\User Data\Default ... etc.

My underlying problem is with CCleaner, so off to a different forum. :ugeek:

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

CCleaner should be able to find them using the scan for Intelligent Scan for cookies feature. I have not used CCleaner for several years so I cannot be more specific.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

It is finding cookies for all browsers, Chromium or otherwise, except Slimjet.
It's probably a problem with my set up (of CCleaner not Slimjet) rather than a bug in either program. I'm proceeding on that basis.

FWIW, my CCleaner finds all else for Slimjet just not cookies.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

this is an older ccleaner forum thread, but if ccleaner still uses ccleaner.ini and allows for custom entries, you may consider trying it

thread: https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/48 ... t-browser/

suggested custom entry: CustomLocation1=CHROME|%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Slimjet\User Data\Default

It is possible the profile you use may be something other than Default

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Already found that, will be testing it later (after I close Slimjet).