"Disable reading from HTML5 canvas" breaks extension icons

Known issues, outstanding bugs and available workarounds
SuperValue

"Disable reading from HTML5 canvas" breaks extension icons

Post by SuperValue »

When "Disable reading from HTML5 canvas" is turned on, extension icons are frozen and can't be changed.

The best example I have is LastPass. Normally, the LastPass icon changes from Gray to Red after you log into it (change icons I believe). When the "Disable reading..." feature is turned on, the icon never changes no matter what. Whatever icon you see in the browser before you turn on "Disable reading.." is the one you are stuck with. I suspect there is some JS code they are using to change icons after you login and this breaks that. I also see it affecting uMatrix as well.

oftentired

Re: "Disable reading from HTML5 canvas" breaks extension ico

Post by oftentired »

Acknowledged in a previous bug report link here
I'll move this Topic to Known Issues forum as it was acknowledged in September.
flashpeak wrote:I will take a look into this problem. There should be a way to enable the canvas reading for extensions only.
paul1149 wrote:Thanks to @dev here, I've isolated the new html5 canvassing security option as the cause of toolbar icons not being able to change their color as they should. This setting locks the icons into whatever state they are in when it is set. Affected are icons to such extensions as Lastpass, ublock, gmail notifier, etc. This has been in effect over the last several SJ versions.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Actually this problem is supposed to have been fixed a while back. Are you using the latest version?
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

Persists in 7.0.8.0

DiadoNiki

Post by DiadoNiki »

It persist in 8.0.1.0 also. The icon of uMatrix is frozen and show no counter of blocked page elements, but the icon of internal Ad-block work.

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

Confirmed for 8.0.1.0

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

It´s also affecting WOT icon in 8.0.1.0