Support of NPAPI plugin

Known issues, outstanding bugs and available workarounds
dev

Re: Support of NPAPI plugin

Post by dev »

Doesn't google talk now work through hangouts which does not require a plugin on Chrome ?

There was a switch in chrome to disable/enable but its now been removed as google doesn't want to use a twenty year old plugins code

spotify95

Post by spotify95 »

dev wrote:Doesn't google talk now work through hangouts which does not require a plugin on Chrome ?

There was a switch in chrome to disable/enable but its now been removed as google doesn't want to use a twenty year old plugins code
Yes it does but there are some people who don't like Hangouts and prefer the old Talk. Hangouts can't tell me if the recipient is on a desktop (without webcam), desktop (with webcam) or mobile. Talk can.

If only Google implemented those features in hangouts...

WatsonRus

Post by WatsonRus »

Google thinks too much for us. That says it all... :(

That's why I do not use Google products.

spotify95

Post by spotify95 »

Hi,

Just to report that Slimjet 9.0.x isn't playing very well with Google Talk on Gmail. It refuses to load the video plugin. (This is on Google Talk, NOT Hangouts.)

Slimjet version 8.0.5 is working fine though.

Any way of fixing this would be appreciated.

spotify95

Post by spotify95 »

Hi guys,

In case you haven't noticed, NPAPI is gone as per version 11.0.x; if you need NPAPI (like me) then stay on 10.0.7.

New computers with new installs of SJ should use the download link for 10.0.7:

http://www.slimjet.com/release/archive/10.0.7.0/

Do not update to anything newer than 10.0.7.

DaveHawley

Post by DaveHawley »

10.0.8 is fine too.
:)

spotify95

Post by spotify95 »

DaveHawley wrote:10.0.8 is fine too.
:)
Okay, thanks! :mrgreen:

I might upgrade my SJ installs to 10.0.8 (and put my new computer onto SJ 10.0.8) but I won't upgrade any further as there isn't much of a difference for me between SJ without NPAPI and Chrome with no NPAPI - which, Chrome has not supported NPAPI for a year now! :o

Keithmiller

Post by Keithmiller »

WatsonRus wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:09 am
Google thinks too much for us. That says it all... :(

That's why I do not use Google products.
That's right, until recently I used to use this one, but with the latest update it really became impossible to use, now I'll pass it here.

neillawrencekkd

Post by neillawrencekkd »

For me it also works like that, but I notice how all the apps and browsers have changed a lot and now they are practically impossible to use, moreover, all the ads that appear irritate me a lot and I don't even know how I could fight with it. If you have any plugins that could help me I'd be glad to see them, except I've tried several and they work pretty badly, besides there are many with pay that don't suit me. Besides this I would like to see some reviews on pages like https://papersowl.com/what-is-papersowl because as a student I would like to know how legit is papersowl, besides this there are many other sources that students use but I can't add any reviews to know which is bad and which is good, in other browsers this is already present.
Last edited by neillawrencekkd on Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

AllanHigdon

Post by AllanHigdon »

neillawrencekkd wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:28 am
For me it also works like that, but I notice how all the apps and browsers have changed a lot and now they are practically impossible to use, moreover, all the ads that appear irritate me a lot and I don't even know how I could fight with it. If you have any plugins that could help me I'd be glad to see them, except I've tried several and they work pretty badly, besides there are many with pay that don't suit me.
For blocking ads and other unwanted content, this is the extension I use for Slimjet and Vivaldi. It's very effective IMHO.
uBlock Origin