9.0.0.0 java new page problem

Slimjet bug reports
minsikau

9.0.0.0 java new page problem

Post by minsikau »

Well done with a release that still includes the NPAPI plugin and allowing java to work.
slimjet is the choice of discerning professionals who many need to still use java appliances which cannot have their os checked out and a new one added in.

8 series had a flaw (not due to slimjet but the underlying chrome where java ran ok except the graphics of the java windows was truncated badly. Not usable!) So i skipped this version 8 altogether (7.0.8 last real working Slimjet version) but thought it was worth a try on slimjet 9.0.0. based on chrome 49.

Yea, it all seemed to have worked fine except one annoying problem!

Java runs, allowing the Java page to operate/open in the Slimjet browser quite fine. However some of the java appliances have multiple tabs or pages. Normally I just need to allow popups and not restrict a new tab to open and it had been working fine in 7.0.8 series just dandy.

Initial joy was killed by finding that the single page Java opens in Slimjet 9.0.0 great. Speedy and with good full size graphics. However when clicking a new page (in the java page) it looks like the new page is being opened but the new page is never opened in a tab or new window. I have tried all options in settings that might have an effect like the allow all popups but no new item is opened. Something is preventing a new tab opening.

I have whitelisted the network for popups, run all plugins and removed all blocking options to no effect. It does seem to be a Chrome issue but of course I cant compare in the original chrome as it has no Java allowance for several versions. Firefox has also removed its Java possible operation.

Strangely the worst browser on the planet Internet Explorer will allow Java to operate as a plugin.
While there are many browsers most seem based on Gecho (Firefox) or Blink (chrome) or IE.
One fudge is to have an IE plugin for Firefox to allow IE tabs within Firefox and use those for the specific appliance network opening.
Maybe the answer is just stick with a older version insecure browser just to be able to work with these older Java OS appliances.

Either way it seems the dream of one browser to do it all and be updated and secure and work with Java appliances is getting close to hitting the brick wall.

I have tried with the portable slimjet and the fully installed version.

Any ideas?

flashpeak
Site Admin

Re: 9.0.0.0 java new page problem

Post by flashpeak »

Care to provide a test link and how to reproduce the problem?
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

minsikau

Post by minsikau »

2016-03-14_203755.jpg
Slimjet java in 7.0.8 ok not 9.0.0 - 2016-04-01_104813.jpg
Hi, thanks for the reply.
I will supply 2 pictures that i hope are self explanatory with the previous email information.
Cut graphics shows the java in Slimjet 8.0.0 etc,
Harris TX graphic shows the result when opened in 7.0.8 version.

LHS Window 1 of graphic 2 shows correct opening of the java page 1 in 9.0.0 version. RHS Window 2 shows what should open in a new tab when clicking on device one, it doesnt open in slimjet 9.0.0 but does in 7.0.8 version.

sorry I cannot give access to these devices on our company internal lan. I can only show screen grabs as they occur.
I the case of 9.0.0 window 1 opens and shows as above, but when clicking open the device a or b what should happen is a new tab opening like window 2 but nothing opens.

thanks for considering this problem.

While I have the java console open as well with debug level 5 set there appears to be no commands sent at all from Slimjet when there should be. it appears as if the second window opening is blocked.

minsikau

Post by minsikau »

It appears as 9.0.2 will work with correct graphics and also allow the opening of new pages from within the java browser window. Seems to have been fixed. Thanks for all consideration and work towards a better browser.

MInsik

minsikau

Post by minsikau »

again 9.0.3 is working in Java logins and graphics all fine.
excellent support ans work. Many thanks.