Linux Troubleshooting

Slimjet bug reports
oftentired

Linux Troubleshooting

Post by oftentired »

Some solutions that have worked or explanations

• Double check that you have downloaded the correct package for your Linux

• If your system is 64 bit be sure to use 64 bit package

• Unexplained issue? Try Hardware Acceleration: If it is on, turn it off. If it is off, turn it on

• quote="flashpeak" There is actually one catch about 32-bit linux. We wouldn't be able to continue provide flash updates to the 32-bit version of Slimjet for linux. Originally, we just grabbed it from the Chrome package. After Chrome dropped 32-bit linux support, we will have no source of flash updates for linux. Sorry, guys.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

oftentired

Linux Troubleshooting libffmpeg.so problems

Post by oftentired »

Stephen Chang wrote:There can be two copies of libffmpeg.so. One sits under the Slimjet installation folder. One sits under the lib subfolder. The one under the lib folder takes precedence. Right now, the advice is to remove the lib folder completely and install 0.20.3 version of libffmpeg.so directly under the same folder as slimjet executable.
and
Stephen Chang wrote:You might have installed an old version of external libffmpeg.so which is no longer compatible with the current version of Slimjet. Please remove /opt/slimjet/lib/libffmpeg.so. That should fix the problem. You can find the updated libffmpeg.so from this page: github . com/iteufel/nwjs-ffmpeg-prebuilt/releases/tag/0.20.3
and
Stephen Chang wrote:You might have installed an old version of external libffmpeg.so which is no longer compatible with the current version of Slimjet. Please remove /opt/slimjet/lib/libffmpeg.so. That should fix the problem. You can find the updated libffmpeg.so from this page: github . com/iteufel/nwjs-ffmpeg-prebuilt/releases/tag/0.20.3
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

slimusernew

Re: Linux Troubleshooting

Post by slimusernew »

Please tell me the exact libffmpeg version for slimjet 13.0.9.0.I have tried a lot,but i cant find it.Btw,Slimjet is the best chrome alternative i have ever find.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Ubuntu Connectivity Issues
Finston Pickle wrote:Things are much improved after I used Googe DNS for IP4:

and

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

hienz123

Post by hienz123 »

I have installed the latest update to 27.0, and am experiencing constant crashes. I thought it might be due to the latest update, so I installed a previous version, 26.0.12, and I still get the same crashes. I'm using Xubuntu 17.10 - 64-bit. Before the update, slimjet was the most stable web browser I've ever used. Now, it's trash. WTF happened? I have NO ERROR reports when it crashes, and I also get this weird full-screen white flash for a split second right before it crashes. After each crash, I restart it, and the "restore previous web pages" button pops-up, I click on that to restore whatever I was working on. This is getting to be a real pain in my ass. Everything WAS great until you guys did the latest update. I am NOT happy. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: