UBlock Origin 2016 extension doesn't show

Slimjet bug reports
highstream

UBlock Origin 2016 extension doesn't show

Post by highstream »

Running in incognito mode. I just added uBlock Origin 2016 extension, but it hasn't shown up in the Extensions list, even after a restart. The Chrome site acts like I've downloaded it, showing the "Rate" button, and a try to download uBlock Origin (no 2016) says the other is already installed. What am I missing? Thanks,

dev

Re: UBlock Origin 2016 extension doesn't show

Post by dev »

Don't forget incognito mode blocks your extensions and the extension setting page unless you tick allow in incognito mode below each extension which you cannot do running incognito mode. So run in normal open up the settings page and tick the boxes

highstream

Post by highstream »

I don't think you realize how difficult it is to deal with the mix of a Slimjet login system, a Google login system and being a user that has more than one Google username (I have three - personal and organizational). It's extremely difficult to sort these out, for example, even just to get back from Slimjet logged in mode to Person 1 mode (incognito), and open Slimjet the next session in the latter. So far I haven't figured that one out, let alone the missing extension problem.

In Slimjet incognito mode (Person 1), I show three extensions and all evidence is that from Incognito mode or logged into Slimjet mode, Google believes uBlock Origin 2016 has loaded into Slimjet. But in Slimjet it doesn't show, and when I run Load Unpacked Extension whether logged in or not, and point to the Extensions folder, Slimjet returns a Could Not Load Manifest error. I'm stuck.

dev

Post by dev »

You never mentioned anything about having different profiles did you , you just basically said ublock is not showing in incognito mode to which i gave you a solution which will work if you set each profile you have as such. There is a far better way to run multiple slimjets tho different to having different profiles viewtopic.php?f=9&t=576

highstream

Post by highstream »

I really only want one profile, a basic not logged in one, but if I need another to access Chrome Store temporarily, I can live with that. In fact, by doing that just now I was finally able to get the uBlock Origin extension properly, including in Incognito mode. So that problem solved. But that left another...

The problem now: Before I started this thread, Slimjet showed me up top as "Person 1." Is that the same as Incognito, because at some point I had signed out and chosen that? The problem now is that while I'm signed out of Google and out of Slimjet, in Settings Slimjet still shows me up top as my signed in name "highstream" (and that continues after I close settings, but is not there when I open Slimjet). Why? I assume because of that my New Tab page is blank instead of showing the "Speed Dial" and previously saved passwords aren't there. I spent a lot of time setting up in Person 1, so how do I get back to it? Btw, is that Speed Dial available to copy into the highstream profile (or whatever it's called)? Syncing didn't do it. Thanks,