Version 6 updates require a manual delete and registry clean

Slimjet bug reports
minsikau

Version 6 updates require a manual delete and registry clean

Post by minsikau »

HI.

In version 6 most of the last few updates to slimjet require a manual remove and regisstry clean to get a working update!
Whats up guys?

windows 10 64bit 1511, slimjet 6.0.9 to 6.0.10 for instance. Slimjet is always the 64bit version.
run installer with smiljet closed and sutdown. (when closed slimjet do not keep running in the background option)
installed fine. Run slimjet and get a message that windolws cannot access the specific device i dont have permission?
Hmmmmm also i have UAC disabled.... Golly gosh, then waste lots of time uninstall with all my date option, reinstall still no run, manual uninstall from control panel and delete directories, then install still wont work, have to manually clean with regedit hundreds of entries relating to slimjet and flashpeak. then reinstall, and have a bare working system again.

At least i have lastpass for my passwords, xmarks for bookmarks, newtab redirect for my new page pointing to google.com.au and then its all restored to a working system.

However its getting a bit tedious and frustrating.

Can you look at this please.

PS keep the npapi and java working because we use it on hundreds of hardware devices that use java and there is no way to go to anything else. Seems like Chrome and Firefox want to kill it off, and thats fine, but wont even allow a manual re-enable of this which is really needed for my hardware device network of stuff.

PS 6.0.11 updated fine with out any drama. Excelent.