[Solved] New Tab Reloaded Extended doesn't work in Slimjet

Slimjet bug reports
LimboSlam

[Solved] New Tab Reloaded Extended doesn't work in Slimjet

Post by LimboSlam »

Today I added this extension called Tab Reloaded, which brings back the old new tab page before chrome 33. But it does not work in slimjet, works perfectly in chrome though. Does this have something to do with Slimjets own new tab page? Also, the extension says it will not work with other new tab extension installed. I think it does??? Can you fix this flashpeak! plz!

Link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... e-ntp-icon
Last edited by LimboSlam on Sun Jun 14, 2015 12:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Re: Tab Reloaded doesn't work in Slimjet

Post by flashpeak »

It has been fixed in 1.1.2. You need disable the option "Use Slimjet new tab page instead of default new tab page (restart required)" and restart Slimjet to see the original Chrome new tab page.

But I am not sure why you would want to use the original new tab page. The Slimjet new tab page is much more flexible and powerful. It allows you to customize the number of rows and columns, allows you to pin special items such as quickfill form file or bookmark folders and lets you change background image easily.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

I know and appreciate it, always like chromes old new tab page though. Has the recent history on the left and then has the easy to get to apps on the right, convenient for me I guess I could say. But I do like your auto hide bookmarks bar, integrated extension, instant photo upload, how Slimjet is light on resources and very fast, much more! So thanks again, very much :D

Sandal23

Post by Sandal23 »

How to auto hide bookmarks bar?
I don't have any integrated extension

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

Yeah, it's in the beta (auto hide bookmarks bar) and I ment the download video option for youtube videos, integrated social/shopping icons in the customizable toolbar, auto reload tabs, weather forecast button, proxy switcher, which is my favorite. Thats what I ment as "integrated extension." Sorry for the mix up :)

Slimjet version: 1.1.2.0 (beta) for the auto hide bookmarks bar.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I don't see any way to access the recent history on the original chrome new tab page now. I remember it used to be there but it is gone now. There also used to be a right arrow for you to scroll to the screen which shows the list of apps. But that arrow has been removed as well. It's been replaced with the Apps button on the bookmarks bar.

Therefore, I don't see any incentives left for you to use the original chrome new tab. If you like the automatically populated sites on the quick-dial buttons, the Slimjet new design can do that as well. Just edit any one of the quickdial buttons and choose to apply automatic sites on all the buttons.

While the Chrome design allows only automatic sites on the buttons, the new Slimjet design allows you to either pin a fixed site or use an automatic site. You only get more choices.
LimboSlam wrote:I know and appreciate it, always like chromes old new tab page though. Has the recent history on the left and then has the easy to get to apps on the right, convenient for me I guess I could say. But I do like your auto hide bookmarks bar, integrated extension, instant photo upload, how Slimjet is light on resources and very fast, much more! So thanks again, very much :D
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

I don't think you see what I'm saying. You may be looking at New Tab Reloaded, not the extended version.

Yes there is a recent history button, It's called "recently closed" at the bottom of the page. Also, the arrows are still there and fully functional.