Dell Support Site Page Display Issues

Slimjet bug reports
RBTB2605

Re: Dell Support Site Page Display Issues

Post by RBTB2605 »

One way or another I have always been backed up, but I wish that I still knew the reason why this all happened in the first place.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

Well the issue is back. The Dell support site was working for a while. This morning it is back to the way it was. I have not logged into my Google account at all since I started the process of creating a new Slimjet ID on Saturday. The only extensions running are Adblock Plus and Tampermonkey. I guess that I can live with this and use another browser to view the Dell support site, but when something like this doesn't work, it bugs the heck out of me.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

Something that is enabled in Slimjet is causing this problem. I am convinced of that. I disabled my extensions and put my settings back to default. When I click on links in that Dell support page, the page flashes as if it is loading the item that I clicked on, but nothing else happens. So if I click on any of the categories listed there, nothing appears to the right. I click on the warranty link and the same thing happens. A brief flash and the warranty info is not displayed.

Now here is the kicker. Chrome installed on my laptop functions normally. And Chrome portable version on my desktop (the pc that has Slimjet installed on it) shows the Dell support site normally and everything works. If Chrome has a bookmarks side panel that I could keep docked open the way I do on Slimjet, I might consider switching to it. I hate the bookmark access on Chrome because I have a whole bunch of bookmarks (over 1800) all organized into folders and a docked bookmark panel allows me to access them a lot quicker. I just wish that I could get to the bottom of this problem or hopefully soon, maybe Slimjet will upgrade to the latest Chrome version.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

As much as it pains me to say this, I may still use Slimjet, but I also just installed Opera 34. I had played with Opera before and a nice bookmarks sidebar extension ( v7 bookmarks) is available for it. Opera is of course built on the same blink architecture that Chrome uses. I am just really trying to stay away from Firefox because I do not care for the road they are going down. The Dell support site works great in Opera also.