Dell Support Site Page Display Issues

Slimjet bug reports
paul1149

Re: Dell Support Site Page Display Issues

Post by paul1149 »

Ok. Go back to the original profile and clear all cache. Restart and try it there again. If that doesn't work I would conclude either an extension, plugin or app is doing something, or the profile itself is corrupt. In the first case you would have to use a process of elimination, turning off half at a time.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

Thank you. I will for sure be doing some experimenting,

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

I disabled extensions and I do not run any apps. So it appears that something is corrupt in my profile. I only log into my Google account for short periods at a time as a rule in order to allow syncing with my phone to take place. I only sync a few things including bookmarks. How do I clean out my profile completely and start anew ? Through the Google dashboard ? I have no problems doing this in order to get Slimjet working properly again and I can back up current bookmarks and totally uninstall everything using Revo Pro. I think that i may be answering my own questions here.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

No...confused here. Will work on cleaning out that profile and starting anew.
Last edited by RBTB2605 on Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

I would back up your data locally. I do not trust the google dashboard.

Read that again.

Then abandon (delete) the old account. Now sign the new account into your google account and sync everything.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

paul1149 wrote:I would back up your data locally. I do not trust the google dashboard.

Read that again.

Then abandon (delete) the old account. Now sign the new account into your google account and sync everything.
Ok, but the existing account is like an old friend to me. I will at least retain the e mail. I will post here at some point with results. Going out to dinner shortly. I need a drink. :)

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'm not saying abandon the google account. Leave that alone.

I'm saying delete the old SJ user account after you have saved bookmarks and anything else that's valuable.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

This has nothing to do with your google account. That will remain untouched, if this is done right.

RBTB2605

Post by RBTB2605 »

Thank you for your help. I have been able now to view the full content on that Dell support site. Backed up, created new profile, deleted old profile, also deleted every speck of info from the Google Dashboard that was related to Chrome. I will choose what to sync and sign into my Google account soon.

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Awesome. The key is being backed up! It's been a while so I will do so myself right now.