Does any one else notice this?

Slimjet bug reports
dev

Re: Does any one else notice this?

Post by dev »

At least you have got some type of pre buffer now but that sucks with load times i take it you have poor internet or a older computer ?

Morro1969

Post by Morro1969 »

My Computer ...

Acer Predator Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz
8.00GB DDR3L Memory
AMD Radeon R9 255 Graphics card
127GB SSD
1TB HDD

As for download and upload speed:

Which is in check with what my Provider mentions I should have.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Perhaps something is consuming processor time that would otherwise be dedicated to the browser download, do you have an aggressive anti-virus running that is pre-scanning all the browser activity?
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Morro1969

Post by Morro1969 »

Well I use 360 Total Security Essentials ( All 5 engines active. ) combined with Comodo Firewall and both together are light on my system. In idle the processor is around 1 to 4 percent and memory at 19 to 21 percent. While making this post in the latest version of SlimJet with 3 tabs open the processor is at 4 to 7 percent and memory at 25 percent. So that is nothing as far as I am concerned. Also up to and including SlimJet 5.0.17 SmartVideo was working perfectly for me ... as a matter of fact in my backup browser Cyberfox, SmartVideo still works perfectly. ( when combined with the extension Youtube Flash Player 1.4.0 )

So it seems to be related to something in the latest chrome build ( Since SlimJet follows Chromium. ) that is also now present in the version 6 build of SlimJet? ( That is a guess on my side, I have no prove for that. ) Since SmartVideo works in Cyberfox when combined with that extension I mentioned, I tried to see if Magic Action would increase the buffer speed with this extension for Chrome ...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... bkofflagpm

It did not change a thing. ( Unfortunately. :( )

dev

Post by dev »

have you just upgraded to windows 10 ? asking just in case it may be a codec problem

Morro1969

Post by Morro1969 »

No I still use Windows 8.1 at the moment.

dev

Post by dev »

do you use pepperflash in slimjet or adobe flash plugin. try using either one see if helps , disable one then try other one then visa versa from chrome://plugins/ in url bar

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Morro1969 wrote:Well I use 360 Total Security Essentials ( All 5 engines active. ) combined with Comodo Firewall and both together are light on my system. In idle the processor is around 1 to 4 percent and memory at 19 to 21 percent. While making this post in the latest version of SlimJet with 3 tabs open the processor is at 4 to 7 percent and memory at 25 percent. So that is nothing as far as I am concerned. Also up to and including SlimJet 5.0.17 SmartVideo was working perfectly for me ... as a matter of fact in my backup browser Cyberfox, SmartVideo still works perfectly. ( when combined with the extension Youtube Flash Player 1.4.0 )

So it seems to be related to something in the latest chrome build ( Since SlimJet follows Chromium. ) that is also now present in the version 6 build of SlimJet? ( That is a guess on my side, I have no prove for that. ) Since SmartVideo works in Cyberfox when combined with that extension I mentioned, I tried to see if Magic Action would increase the buffer speed with this extension for Chrome ...

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... bkofflagpm

It did not change a thing. ( Unfortunately. :( )
Have you tried installing Chrome to see how it performs in comparison?
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Morro1969

Post by Morro1969 »

dev wrote:do you use pepperflash in slimjet or adobe flash plugin. try using either one see if helps , disable one then try other one then visa versa from chrome://plugins/ in url bar
I tried that, and disabling NPAPI made no difference as far as I could tell. Now when I tried to disable PPAPI I could not play any video, I would first get a effect like when I would use a extension like Flash Control ( Which I do not use btw. ) and after clicking it away I simply got a black screen?
oftentired wrote:Have you tried installing Chrome to see how it performs in comparison?
BLASPHEMY!! :shock: :lol:

No I have not, I simply prefer SlimJet over Google Chrome.