[Fixed] Download Manager not working with Userscloud.com

Slimjet bug reports
citytrader

[Fixed] Download Manager not working with Userscloud.com

Post by citytrader »

Could you please fix the issue downloading from Userscloud!!?... here is an example: https://userscloud.com/t69z9oo451f5

Smaller example 2: https://userscloud.com/1f9pyxbglhh6

Instead of downloading the file, it downloads a html page.
Last edited by citytrader on Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

paul1149

Re: Download Manager not working with Userscloud.com

Post by paul1149 »

I would try it, were it a smaller example.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Notice the webpage is advertising a paid method of downloading the file faster. They are allowing the slower downloads from browsers but deliberately blocking multi-thread download managers that would make the download faster thereby negating the power of their advertisement for a faster paid download.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

citytrader

Post by citytrader »

paul1149 wrote:I would try it, were it a smaller example.
I put a second example that is smaller, but you don't even need to download, because the only option is a html file that is wrong

citytrader

Post by citytrader »

oftentired wrote:Notice the webpage is advertising a paid method of downloading the file faster. They are allowing the slower downloads from browsers but deliberately blocking multi-thread download managers that would make the download faster thereby negating the power of their advertisement for a faster paid download.
That site downloads at full speed without blocking anything, in Firefox I download without issues using Downthemall!, excelent accelerator that is missing in Chrome :(

paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

It seems the problem is the turbo downloader does not recognize the download command button. I had to make turbo downloader the default downloader, then disable my download extension, to get it to handle the download. Another way that worked was to drag the page's icon to the turbo downloader's interface.

But both ways got me the main page url, not the download file url. And it seems therein lies the problem. Without turbo downloader, SJ and the extension I use handled the download fine.