[Resolved] beta5 adblocker bug/JavaScript bug

Slimjet bug reports
dev

Re: beta5 adblocker bug/JavaScript bug

Post by dev »

narcolepticinsomniac wrote:@dev, you were pretty close: "twitter.com###signin-dropdown" works for me. No element selection tools for any Adblocker work very well. You're better off getting the hang of devtools.
I haven't noticed any difference with hugefiles but I haven't tried downloading a bunch of files on the same day. The speed is still among the best, but I use FDM http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/ with their Chrome extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... glgoilbfdp
It intercepts all downloads and accelerates. It's pretty flawless for media. Occasionally some small downloads like tiny subtitle files malfunction but if you hit cancel it automatically sends it back to the built-in browser downloader.
Btw if you like dark styles check out my Youtube style: https://userstyles.org/styles/116470/yo ... le-texture
It's not very popular but it's pretty sweet. Some of my other styles are inverted and Chrome just started handling inverted html differently in v45+ (Slimet is still v44). Any of em will also work if you switch "html{background-color:#000!important;}" to "html{background-color:#fff!important;}". There's a pretty nice one for the Stylish editor but you'd have to change that bit of code.
Nice one again for the filter and yeah i need to educate myself a bit more in using the devtools. I use this one https://userstyles.org/styles/62289/bla ... e-by-panos at the moment for youtube but I'll give your's a try its looks pretty sweet (add here it in the forum Tips and Tricks). I have installed your torrent freak black and red which was another site that needed the white glare removed. I have tried a few extensions for inverting but found them a bit heavy on the memory so any black/dark themes i grab like youtube, bbc news etc, there isn't a dark one for digitalspy if you fancy a stab at that site :) .
I have good internet 152mbps so i don't really noticed any difference with using FDM, IDM with speed but can be handy for their captcha fill in's.

dev

Post by dev »

narcolepticinsomniac wrote:@flashpeak, another problem I noticed is that the user filters need an option to edit as raw text to be able to add/remove multiple filters at a time. A lot of people would want to transfer their filter list from another browser. Adding them one at a time is ludicrous. I don't see any other option currently.
Yeah i agree its a pain in the ass, even if your adding them by copy and paste, you have to do them one by one and then you have to close the adblocker after each one, you can't leave the options open it doesn't allow you to copy the next filteryou want.
oftentired wrote: download and combine outside (or apart from) the Slimjet adblock GUI
So if i copied filters into say notepad then into the adblocker ?

dev

Post by dev »

http://imgur.com/077xMxs Not blocking their banner nor blocking the share buttons twitter,facebook and reddit. I'm going to use ublock for now as the inbuilt one needs more work.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

We will add an option for users to edit the user filters in a simple text editor.
dev wrote:
narcolepticinsomniac wrote:@flashpeak, another problem I noticed is that the user filters need an option to edit as raw text to be able to add/remove multiple filters at a time. A lot of people would want to transfer their filter list from another browser. Adding them one at a time is ludicrous. I don't see any other option currently.
Yeah i agree its a pain in the ass, even if your adding them by copy and paste, you have to do them one by one and then you have to close the adblocker after each one, you can't leave the options open it doesn't allow you to copy the next filteryou want.
oftentired wrote: download and combine outside (or apart from) the Slimjet adblock GUI
So if i copied filters into say notepad then into the adblocker ?
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I used 5.0.7.0 with the same fanboy's ultimate list. Both the banner and the social buttons are blocked just fine.
dev wrote:http://imgur.com/077xMxs Not blocking their banner nor blocking the share buttons twitter,facebook and reddit. I'm going to use ublock for now as the inbuilt one needs more work.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

narcolepticinsomniac

Post by narcolepticinsomniac »

flashpeak wrote:I used 5.0.7.0 with the same fanboy's ultimate list. Both the banner and the social buttons are blocked just fine.
dev wrote:http://imgur.com/077xMxs Not blocking their banner nor blocking the share buttons twitter,facebook and reddit. I'm going to use ublock for now as the inbuilt one needs more work.
I don't see a banner but the social icon div is there which is a simple CSS rule preceded by a bunch of domains separated by commas and a "#sub-frame-error" placeholder wasn't removed. It's similar to what was happening with javascript links. Maybe a script overriding your fix? It is odd if you're not seeing it.

Was that vidup filter I mentioned last not supported yet?

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I saw a blank div remaining in 5.0.7. That has been taken care of in 5.0.8.
narcolepticinsomniac wrote:
flashpeak wrote:I used 5.0.7.0 with the same fanboy's ultimate list. Both the banner and the social buttons are blocked just fine.
I don't see a banner but the social icon div is there which is a simple CSS rule preceded by a bunch of domains separated by commas and a "#sub-frame-error" placeholder wasn't removed. It's similar to what was happening with javascript links. Maybe a script overriding your fix? It is odd if you're not seeing it.

Was that vidup filter I mentioned last not supported yet?
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

narcolepticinsomniac

flashpeak wrote:I saw a blank div remaining in 5.0.7. That has been taken care of in 5.0.8.
There's a couple different social divs on that page, maybe you're referring to the bottom right one. In 5.0.7 the error placeholder was there which was fixed in 5.0.8 but that isn't a CSS rule, it's blocked from loading by some url rule, thus the error placeholder. The top left social div is a CSS rule "##.social" and it doesn't work in either.

5.0.7: http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad31 ... nshhzr.png

5.0.8: http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad31 ... mx02fi.png

narcolepticinsomniac

Btw adding "imgur.com##.social" works fine so it's not a page load issue. The actual filter that should be applied is:

3net.com,411.ca,about.com,adtile.me,aimonetti.net,al-shorfa.com,alexa.com,alligator-sunglasses.com,amctv.com,amd.com,annarbor.com,aol.com,appstechnews.com,artsyspot.com,asb.co.nz,avclub.com,avira.com,backstage.com,bbc-now.co.uk,bbc.com,bellurbis.com,benswann.com,bgo.com,bgr.com,billboard.com,billmoyers.com,blogspot.co.uk,bostonmagazine.com,breitbart.com,broadcast.app.net,businessinsider.com,businessinsider.com.au,businessweek.com,canonclast.com,catonmat.net,cc.com,cdw.com,cloudcomputing-news.net,cmu.edu,cnet.com,collectorsweekly.com,comicbookmovie.com,connectify.me,consequenceofsound.net,cookingchanneltv.com,dailyhaha.com,davemcelfatrick.com,dcist.com,deathandtaxesmag.com,debate.org,developer-tech.com,di.fm,diet-blog.com,digitaltrends.com,direct.gov.uk,dpreview.com,droid-life.com,duluthtrading.com,e3expo.com,egopay.com,electronista.com,engadget.com,etcanada.com,eurogamer.net,evilmilk.com,examiner.com,feld.com,fiercecable.com,fiercewireless.com,foodhub.co.nz,foodnetwork.com,forbes.com,foreignpolicy.com,foxnews.com,freelanceswitch.com,fstoppers.com,fundoomails.com,funnyordie.com,galabingo.com,gamesradar.com,givemesport.com,goal.com,goodfood.com.au,gothamist.com,goutsa.com,greatist.com,greenbot.com,greencarreports.com,gsmdome.com,guildwars2.com,halfhourmeals.com,hallels.com,hawaii.com,healthychild.org,hgtvremodels.com,hightimes.com,hilton.com,hitfix.com,huffingtonpost.com,humblebundle.com,ibtimes.co.in,ibtimes.com,imdb.com,imgur.com,impresspages.org,impulsedriven.com,indiegogo.com,informationweek.com,infoworld.com,inthralld.com,intomobile.com,investopedia.com,ipodnn.com,isprime.com,itproportal.com,joblo.com,juancole.com,kde.org,ketknbc.com,kogan.com,lifehacker.com.au,littlethings.com,livescience.com,logicbuy.com,lovetoknow.com,macnn.com,macstories.net,makerstudios.com,marketingtechnews.net,marvel.com,mashable.com,mayoclinic.org,memez.com,mirror.co.uk,mobileindustryreview.com,modernfarmer.com,mom.me,mophie.com,moviefone.com,mp3days.com,mrskin.com,msn.com,muckrock.com,myrecipes.com,narr8.me,narrative.ly,nationalcareersweek.com,nationaljournal.com,neowin.net,networkworld.com,neustar.biz,newrepublic.com,nocamels.com,nplusonemag.com,npr.org,nster.com,nwsource.com,nymag.com,nzherald.co.nz,opendns.com,openlogic.com,outsidexbox.com,pawnation.com,pbh2.com,pbs.org,penny-arcade.com,playboy.com,pocket-lint.com,pokernews.com,pomade.com,pootlepress.com,ppfinder.com,projekktor.com,psfk.com,qmul.ac.uk,qualcomm.com,radbox.me,readwriteweb.com,reason.com,red-buzz.com,reference.com,refinery29.com,resignationbrewery.com,retailmenot.com,reviewed.com,rickey.org,ropeofsilicon.com,rottentomatoes.com,rtcc.org,scalescale.com,searchmarketingexpo.com,seattletimes.com,sectionstudios.com,shacknews.com,shefinds.com,sheknows.com,slashdot.org,sofarsogood.fr,softexia.com,softonic.com,solidfiles.com,sophos.com,space.com,sparknotes.com,spectator.org,spin.com,sucuri.net,t3.com,tablet-news.com,talkingpointsmemo.com,talkweb.eu,techeblog.com,techpowerup.com,techpp.com,techradar.com,techspot.com,telecomstechnews.com,theblemish.com,thebolditalic.com,thedissolve.com,theguardian.com,theonion.com,thestar.com,thestudenthousingcompany.com,thewp-hub.com,ti.com,tickld.com,timesofindia.indiatimes.com,tmonews.com,tnr.com,totalfilm.com,trendhunter.com,troyhunt.com,tubestart.com,tunein.com,tvline.com,typomaps.net,ucl.ac.uk,udreview.com,uk-mkivs.net,urbanomnibus.net,usatoday.com,utsandiego.com,vg247.com,vice.com,victoriassecret.com,viralnova.com,virginmedia.com,wallpaper.com,washingtontimes.com,wearabletechnology-news.com,webs.com,weeklystandard.com,wegotthiscovered.com,wetpaint.com,whatculture.com,whowhatwear.com,windowsvalley.com,winrumors.com,wn.com,woot.com,wunderground.com,x17online.com,xconomy.com,xsreviews.co.uk##.social

Maybe the huge list of domains is causing an error.

Edit: Apparently the forum CSS could use a little work. That long list ends with "##.social".

narcolepticinsomniac

It does appear to be a limitation as to how many domains (or more likely characters) it will read before it stops interpreting the filter. When entering that filter as a user filter:

x17online.com,xconomy.com,xsreviews.co.uk,imgur.com##.social

works correctly.

wunderground.com,x17online.com,xconomy.com,xsreviews.co.uk,imgur.com##.social

doesn't.