[Resolved] beta5 adblocker bug/JavaScript bug

Slimjet bug reports
narcolepticinsomniac

Re: beta5 adblocker bug/JavaScript bug

Post by narcolepticinsomniac »

Btw @flashpeak, The Stylish extension has gotten really efficient at injecting stylesheets in Chomium. Their method may be worth taking a look at if you need to attach a handler: https://github.com/JasonBarnabe/stylish ... r/apply.js

dev

Post by dev »

narcolepticinsomniac wrote:@dev, it might be the bug I'm talking about. A lot of filehoster link sites open links via javascript which Slimjet isn't dealing well with. I did hugefiles when they rolled out the new garbage:

||winmorecoin.com^$third-party
hugefiles.net##.twin-table
hugefiles.net##.download-file-btn-p
hugefiles.net##.inner-bg-repeat div[style]:nth-of-type(2)
hugefiles.net##.member-bg
hugefiles.net##.content-bg-repeat h2
hugefiles.net##.inner-bg-repeat h2

The first is the one you were referring to, the others get rid of all the rest of the new crap.

If the site that is linking you opens the page with javascript, copy the url and paste it in a new tab (reload won't work).
Cheers mate. Yeah they are opened through go4up or adfly, shorte the usually culprits that the sites use (adskipper userscript deals with their spam for myself). Hugefiles just gone back to when they first opened with their limits and crap, i use the icefilms script with the old divx web player to bypass the d/l limit unless they are .rar files then i just use a another host.
There is another one if you want a crack at it, if i go to a twitter page (i don't sign in) they have a drop down box now for the sign in/up which is annoying as hell i first thought it may the stylish theme twitter black i have installed (as a userscript in tampermonkey) but still get the drop down box if its disabled.
(*)twitter.com###signin-dropdown.dropdown-menutwitter.com###signin-dropdown.dropdown-form is what i have filtered but again a refresh or new tab or a different twitter users page the drop box appears, inspecting the element i have a idea it might be this but i have no clue when it comes to coding <li class="dropdown js-session open">
<a href="/login" class="dropdown-toggle js-dropdown-toggle dropdown-signin" id="signin-link" data-nav="login" role="button" aria-haspopup="true">

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

We have fixed this issue in 5.0.7.0
narcolepticinsomniac wrote:It's gotten much better. Case sensitivity was probably the biggest issue with unapplied filters. I have noticed an ad here or there but I haven't investigated why or what filters yet, so I won't submit examples till I'm reasonably sure it's a bug.
One anomaly that I'm sure is a bug is one of the first ones I mentioned. Element hiding doesn't work correctly when links are opened via javascript in a new tab. This led me to believe some CSS filters weren't being applied which is only sorta true. To reproduce I'll use the same example as last time.
with Fanboy Ultimate enabled click this link:
http://www.primewire.ag/external.php?ti ... loggedin=0

Everything is blocked as expected.

Now follow this link:
http://www.primewire.ag/tv-5173-Law-Ord ... -episode-1

and click the first promptfile link (they're the same link but the second is opened by javascript). The most obvious thing is the social networking icons that shouldn't be there. You'll see "tweet" in the subheader and what's left of the icons pop up in a few seconds, but that div shouldn't be there at all. You'll also notice that the error placeholders aren't being removed as they should be when links are opened this way. Another odd thing is that once this occurs, a hard reload doesn't fix it.

Edit: removed a flawed theory regarding cache.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

dev

Post by dev »

flashpeak wrote:We have fixed this issue in 5.0.7.0
Could have said that bloody earlier like 5 minutes earlier, saving me from typing all that text i did in my last post :lol: :lol:

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I wish I could done it earlier. I just fixed the bug this morning. :lol:
dev wrote:
flashpeak wrote:We have fixed this issue in 5.0.7.0
Could have said that bloody earlier like 5 minutes earlier, saving me from typing all that text i did in my last post :lol: :lol:
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

dev

Post by dev »

haha well if that's the case I'll let it slip just this once :D Nice going as usual and congrats on filehippo it took nearly a year to get listed viewtopic.php?f=5&t=112

narcolepticinsomniac

Nice job with the javascript links. Your quick bug fixes should be commended. I believe I came across another filter bug. To reproduce:
Go to http://www.primewire.ag/external.php?ti ... loggedin=0
and proceed to the video. The video doesn't appear. I believe it's this filter that isn't being applied "@@||vidup.me/js/$script"

When you decided to integrate the Adblock into the browser (really the selling point for me investigating whether it can be a suitable Chrome replacement) did you consider approaching ABP to implement it? They did something similar with Maxthon. They seem to jump on any opportunity to partner up, and as long as their whitelist is enabled by default they pay their partners a small percentage. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I completely agree with their business model, but since users can opt out of the whitelist it's not unacceptable. Contrary to what they say publicly, I highly doubt the list authors are still doing all their work for nothing so monetizing it is probably a necessity. If it's a lot less bullsh*t and you could possibly make a few bucks that's a win win. Just a thought.

I also understand the appeal of doing something yourself. As long as you keep fixing em I'll keep reporting em. If I had to guess, there are probably a dozen or two abstract rules/odd combinations of rules that you might've overlooked. Some of the more intricate syntax I don't even fully understand. I'm decent with CSS and regex but in a lot of cases they've made up their own regex.

narcolepticinsomniac

@dev, you were pretty close: "twitter.com###signin-dropdown" works for me. No element selection tools for any Adblocker work very well. You're better off getting the hang of devtools.
I haven't noticed any difference with hugefiles but I haven't tried downloading a bunch of files on the same day. The speed is still among the best, but I use FDM http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/ with their Chrome extension https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... glgoilbfdp
It intercepts all downloads and accelerates. It's pretty flawless for media. Occasionally some small downloads like tiny subtitle files malfunction but if you hit cancel it automatically sends it back to the built-in browser downloader.
Btw if you like dark styles check out my Youtube style: https://userstyles.org/styles/116470/yo ... le-texture
It's not very popular but it's pretty sweet. Some of my other styles are inverted and Chrome just started handling inverted html differently in v45+ (Slimet is still v44). Any of em will also work if you switch "html{background-color:#000!important;}" to "html{background-color:#fff!important;}". There's a pretty nice one for the Stylish editor but you'd have to change that bit of code.

narcolepticinsomniac

@flashpeak, another problem I noticed is that the user filters need an option to edit as raw text to be able to add/remove multiple filters at a time. A lot of people would want to transfer their filter list from another browser. Adding them one at a time is ludicrous. I don't see any other option currently.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

narcolepticinsomniac wrote:@flashpeak, another problem I noticed is that the user filters need an option to edit as raw text to be able to add/remove multiple filters at a time. A lot of people would want to transfer their filter list from another browser. Adding them one at a time is ludicrous. I don't see any other option currently.
download and combine outside (or apart from) the Slimjet adblock GUI