html5 canvassing setting affects toolbar icons

Slimjet bug reports
paul1149

Post by paul1149 »

Thanks to @dev here, I've isolated the new html5 canvassing security option as the cause of toolbar icons not being able to change their color as they should. This setting locks the icons into whatever state they are in when it is set. Affected are icons to such extensions as Lastpass, ublock, gmail notifier, etc. This has been in effect over the last several SJ versions.
Last edited by paul1149 on Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RobbyG2112

Re: html5 canvassing setting affects toolbar icons

Post by RobbyG2112 »

This is still happening in 5.0.4.0, I'm using WOT and the icon is disabled with this option checked on.

Are devs here aware of the issue and can we expect this to be addressed in the next version?

Thanks!

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I will take a look into this problem. There should be a way to enable the canvas reading for extensions only.
paul1149 wrote:Thanks to @dev here, I've isolated the new html5 canvassing security option as the cause of toolbar icons not being able to change their color as they should. This setting locks the icons into whatever state they are in when it is set. Affected are icons to such extensions as Lastpass, ublock, gmail notifier, etc. This has been in effect over the last several SJ versions.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

RobbyG2112

Post by RobbyG2112 »

Looks like this is fixed in 5.0.5, my WOT icon is now working with the html5 canvas option checked. Thanks :D

paul1149

Re: [Solved] html5 canvassing setting affects toolbar icons

Post by paul1149 »

I'm removing the [solved] label because on 5.0.10 (linux x64) I'm seeing icon freeze again. It was just hanging the Checker Plus for GMail icon.

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

LastPass: when installed (browser extension from chrome web store) didn´t change colors between signed out or signed in. Did some research and found this: to work as it should have to enable reading from html5 canvas. Otherwise, works fine. In other sites I have found that you have to also enable webrtc. But I only did the first and works fine.

minsikau

Post by minsikau »

slimjet 6.0.11 64bit, windows 10 64bit 1511 and lastpass 4.0.
Im most of the lastpass versions in the last 12 months there has been no active toolbar icon change when lastpass has been logged in or out and it is supposed to change colour, I just read the previous post and discovered that exception 127.0.1 or 192.168.1.2 added didnt make any difference but turnng off html5canvas did fix the problem.

minor but frustrating.

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

posted on Dec 27:

LastPass: when installed (browser extension from chrome web store) didn´t change colors between signed out or signed in. Did some research and found this: to work as it should have to enable reading from html5 canvas. Otherwise, works fine. In other sites I have found that you have to also enable webrtc. But I only did the first and works fine.
josegimcam

This problem persists on 7.0.7.0. if you want lastpass to change color you have to untick disable reading from HTML5 canvas.
Thanks

Zanoza79

Post by Zanoza79 »

flashpeak wrote:I will take a look into this problem. There should be a way to enable the canvas reading for extensions only.
paul1149 wrote:Thanks to @dev here, I've isolated the new html5 canvassing security option as the cause of toolbar icons not being able to change their color as they should. This setting locks the icons into whatever state they are in when it is set. Affected are icons to such extensions as Lastpass, ublock, gmail notifier, etc. This has been in effect over the last several SJ versions.
Sorry for my English. already in March 2016, but the problem is still not solved! :(

josegimcam

Post by josegimcam »

Only to remember that this issue is still pending.
Thanks.