[Fixed] QuickFill and password manager not working in SJ

Slimjet bug reports
Joel

[Fixed] QuickFill and password manager not working in SJ

Post by Joel »

SJ version: 4.0.10.0 on Windows 8.1

QuickFIll is not filling in the password of sites. The username is filled in, but not the password.
I also use LastPass, but that doesn't fill in anything at all, even when I try various options to make it fill in forms.

This is only happening in Slimjet. Other Chromium based browsers work as expected in this regard.
Not everyone is a genius like you; treat them accordingly.

oftentired

Re: QuickFill and password manager not working in SJ

Post by oftentired »

Using the Gear Icon (Customize & Control Slimjet) at the Upper Right of the browser window, select Help:Online Feedback.... on the Feedback webpage submit your problem with any web addresses that have failing logins so the developers might be able to find a way to use one for actual testing to duplicate the problem

Please try these 2 suggestions and see if there may be a work-a-round for you

1. Right click your Quick Fill entry and select EDIT, Add a time delay of 2 seconds, click OK to save, see if it works, if not then try it with 3 and 4 seconds fails

I do not know if this is the problem but I would try it if 1. above does not help

2. Right click Quick Fill entry and select EDIT, Change time delay to 5 seconds, click OK to save, after clicking the Quick Fill - during the 5 seconds delay - right click the Username text entry area to be extra sure the focus of the browser is on the text area and that Quick Fill is better able to find it

Joel

Post by Joel »

Thank you for those suggestions. The only one that worked was submitting feedback. :D

With version 4.0.12.0, everything is working perfectly now! Thank you, developers, for the quick work on this!
Not everyone is a genius like you; treat them accordingly.

linux-bernd

Post by linux-bernd »

Hello,
I am using the linux version of slimjet. It is PCLinuxOS - an rpm based distro. Slimjet doesn´t save passwords - QuickFill works but passwords are not recognized. :oops:
Quite annoying since I have lots of passwords. I have to enter them each time, also switching to password manager doesn´t really help. Slimjet then ask to save password, but it doesn´t .
The "tricks" mentioned here before didn´t help either. Just want to give you some general information 8-)

Bernd