[Solved] A lot of bugs in Slimjet portable

Slimjet bug reports
LimboSlam

[Solved] A lot of bugs in Slimjet portable

Post by LimboSlam »

Yes, hi there. I actually have some bugs to report.

1) Every time I install, remove, change an extension, bookmarks, theme in Chrome, it does the exact thing in Slimjet and vice versa.

2) Antivirus (MSE) reports that Slimjet portable is a PUM (potentially unwanted modification) and tries to delete the file?

3) Slimjet is constantly reloading pages in: Outlook.com, Chrome Web Store, Facebook.com, computerworld.com, askleo.com and others.

4) Mix content in pages: Dictionary.reference.com, Netflix.com, Palemoon.org, Groups.google.com/forum and probaly more.

5) I can't use Slimjet without Chrome making a copy of my history and showing it in there new tab page; when Slimjet and Chrome are open and in use, they collide.

6) Some web pages are saying that my browsers is old or unsupported.

-PS: this was just a trial version for me and I did not like it, so I guess I won't use the main browser.
Last edited by LimboSlam on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Re: A lot of bugs in Slimjet portable

Post by flashpeak »

I can address some of the issues here:

If you sign into your google account, the data and settings of Slimjet will be automatically synchronized with those of Chrome. If you don't want them to synchronize, don't sign into your google account in Slimjet.

I can't produce the other issues you mentioned though.

For MSE, do you mean Windows defender? I don't have any problem with that either.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

Nordones

Post by Nordones »

LimboSlam wrote:Yes, hi there. I actually have some bugs to report.

[/b]
Personally I have found that when you use multiple versions of Chrome, it works best if ALL of them are portable versions. So I use Chrome Portable, ChromiumPortable and SlimJetPortable. With the latest version of SlimJet with Pepper Flash installed, I only use Chrome Portable as a double check on SlimJet.

Stops the kind of issues you have reported and I have not encountered.

FWIW.
-N-

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

If you use google account to sync data, that won't help completely isolate the data even if you use portable version.

If you don't use google sync, Slimjet shouldn't share anything with Chrome whether it's portable version or regular version.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

LimboSlam

Post by LimboSlam »

Ok yes, I just sighed out of google accounts, but I don't remember signing?? And as for the pepper flash installed with Slimjet, it does not come with it, unless I did not installed Slimjet right? Could that be why I'm having problems with Slimjet? Oh, speaking of flash player, I actaully have Shockwave Flash v14,0,0,145 (NPAPI) running, but it keeps on crashing???

@flashpeak, I ment Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE). It's based off Windows Defender in windows vista and 7.

-YOUR FEEDBACK IS GREATLY APPRECIATED :)