Ooooer... Latest "Update" making Slimjet unusable

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
Nthkentman

Ooooer... Latest "Update" making Slimjet unusable

Post by Nthkentman »

Anyone else having problems launching after the last update?
Side by Side configuration error... Fails to load slimjet neccessitating downloading from website and overwriting the directory to enable it to work.
As for you can't access this forum using any other browser it's plain ridiculous if you can't launch Slimjet because Slimjets update cause it NOT to load
:oops:

slimram

Re: Ooooer... Latest "Update" making Slimjet unusable

Post by slimram »

I had the same problem with the auto-update so I went to another browser and downloaded the latest version. Problem solved and I did submit an error report so I'm sure it'll be taken care of.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

For every program I install or update. Unless forced to do otherwise. I always download the full installation file. And then install manually.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

Slimjet finally fixed the Youtube full screen problem...and now the latest update makes it unusable! It flashes on for a split second and then vanishes. I've already tried re-downloading it several times and also deleting the old version first. It worked briefly last night but now it's back to flashing on for a split second (I'm using a different browser to type this).

I just tried downloading it (v 39.0.1.0 64 bit) yet again. Same. How can i download the previous version that worked?

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

oftentired wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:56 pm
For every program I install or update. Unless forced to do otherwise. I always download the full installation file. And then install manually.
I don't know how to "install manually". But I went here:

https://www.slimjet.com/release/archive/38.0.9.0/

And now I have 38 0 9 0 and it seems to be working, for the time being anyway.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

donaldduck wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:47 pm
oftentired wrote:
Fri Apr 07, 2023 9:56 pm
I don't know how to "install manually". But I went here:

https://www.slimjet.com/release/archive/38.0.9.0/

And now I have 38 0 9 0 and it seems to be working, for the time being anyway.
What I mean is that I don't allow most programs to download and install their updates on their own. I go to the online download site that has their full installation file and manually start the installation by running that file after I have downloaded it.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

What I mean is that I don't allow most programs to download and install their updates on their own. I go to the online download site that has their full installation file and manually start the installation by running that file after I have downloaded it.
[/quote]

But that's what I was doing.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I was just clarifying what I meant by "manual", that is all.

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

oftentired wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:06 pm
I was just clarifying what I meant by "manual", that is all.

Oh sure. Thank you for that too.

AllanHigdon

Post by AllanHigdon »

donaldduck wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:29 pm
Slimjet finally fixed the Youtube full screen problem...and now the latest update makes it unusable! It flashes on for a split second and then vanishes. I've already tried re-downloading it several times and also deleting the old version first. It worked briefly last night but now it's back to flashing on for a split second (I'm using a different browser to type this).

I just tried downloading it (v 39.0.1.0 64 bit) yet again. Same. How can i download the previous version that worked?
I also updated to Version 39.0.1.0 64-bit.
The movie at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTH9cePj91w worked fine in full screen mode for me.