Ooooer... Latest "Update" making Slimjet unusable

General discussion about Slimjet, or other issues related to web browser in general.
donaldduck

Re: Ooooer... Latest "Update" making Slimjet unusable

Post by donaldduck »

AllanHigdon wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:10 am
donaldduck wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:29 pm
Slimjet finally fixed the Youtube full screen problem...and now the latest update makes it unusable! It flashes on for a split second and then vanishes. I've already tried re-downloading it several times and also deleting the old version first. It worked briefly last night but now it's back to flashing on for a split second (I'm using a different browser to type this).

I just tried downloading it (v 39.0.1.0 64 bit) yet again. Same. How can i download the previous version that worked?
I also updated to Version 39.0.1.0 64-bit.
The movie at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTH9cePj91w worked fine in full screen mode for me.

Alistair Sim - Ebeneezer Scrooge!

AllanHigdon

Post by AllanHigdon »

donaldduck wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:46 am
My favorite version :)

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

AllanHigdon wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:17 am
donaldduck wrote:
Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:46 am
My favorite version :)

The best!

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

Slimjet 39.0.3 - still the same problem - download - open - flashes instantaneously and then disappears. Tried downloading both thru Slimjet and manually. Same thing. Back to Slimjet 38.0.9!

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

I have Windows 10 but I have it set up to look like Win 7. Slimjet 38 is the last version to support Win 7. Could that be the problem?

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

I reported my problem here:

https://www.slimjet.com/en/onlinefb.htm

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

I'm the only one with this problem, huh? What about the OP? Where did he go? I'm stuck on v. 38.0.9.0 - and since I'm having so much trouble with Slimjet these days i have relegated it to single use - downloading Youtubes...and now that just stopped working!

Later:

And now, the latest development - I can't even open up 38.0.9 anymore! It's doing the same thing that v39 does. Instantly vanishes. I can't find any anti-virus that might be blocking it. The more I mess with it the worse it gets!

Slimjet was my favorite for years...

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

I did it! I fixed it - at least for now - and it is the latest Slimjet v. 39.0.5.0!

What I did was download it with the MS Edge browser - which I never use. My main browser is Vivaldi and that is the one I have been downloading it with - over and over - and it downloads OK on Vivaldi but then Slimjet disappears as soon as it comes to opening it. Why? I don't know. But at least for now I have the latest Slimjet!

donaldduck

Post by donaldduck »

Well, I had Slimjet 39.0.5, and then, as i mentioned under the Bug Reports thread about "video downloader" problems, I switched to Beta 40, and i had that for a few days, and then it just disappeared from my computer, same as it was doing before, flashes and disappears. I tried downloading it a couple of times - the stable 39 version - using MS Edge to download it because that worked before, whereas downloading via my main browser, Vivaldi, didn't, but now MS Edge doesn't work either: download-flashes-disappears. So no Slimjet at all now.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Are you saying the downloaded file disappears. Or the installed program runs and then shuts down?
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11