Size of Save/Save As Dialog Box

Slimjet bug reports
Chuck.Witt

Size of Save/Save As Dialog Box

Post by Chuck.Witt »

I recently upgraded to v34.0.3 and have an unusual problem. Whenever I choose to save some data or a photo from an open web page, the Windows dialog box nearly fills the screen. I have tried grabbing all 4 sides of the dialog box to shrink, but no side budges. In addition, the minimize and maximize buttons are not available in the upper right corner of the dialog box. In short, I'm forced to either remember everything I want in the filename or just close the dialog box and start over again. Well, at least the close button (X) is available and works.

Finally, this issue only occurs with SlimJet. Saving data in any other browser still permits me a manageable Windows dialog box.

oftentired

Re: Size of Save/Save As Dialog Box

Post by oftentired »

I've experienced this same thing with some previous versions as well. I just couldn't be bothered to try and explain it in words that made sense. Good job.

A work-a-round. if your using an OS that has it. Is to use the Snipping Tool or the newer Snip N Sketch tool that come with Win 10 and I presume with Win 11 as well.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Chuck.Witt

Re: Size of Save/Save As Dialog Box

Post by Chuck.Witt »

Well, I just updated to v35.0.1 and my problem still exists. Something has to be wrong with the way your program interacts with Windows 10 because the Windows "Save / Save as" dialog box just doesn't function properly when your program is used. I will try a complete uninstall and a full reinstall to see if that solves the problem.