Address and Search Bar Bug

Slimjet bug reports
Anonymosity

Re: Address and Search Bar Bug

Post by Anonymosity »

All I see there is "Show search engine dropdown button".

slimjetter

Post by slimjetter »

So has anyone else experienced the address bar bug previously described? The fix suggested only partially improved the situation. Am trying to figure out if its a conflict with an add-on or a config issue....

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

In order to test if it is an issue with an extension, run a New Incognito instance and see if the problem persists while incognito. If the problem does not occur then go back to a normal window and shut off all your extensions then turn them on one at a time to test.

There is some possibility the problem is because of malware which you may want to consider scanning for.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

slimjetter

Post by slimjetter »

oftentired wrote:
Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:02 pm
In order to test if it is an issue with an extension, run a New Incognito instance and see if the problem persists while incognito.
Thanks for the suggestion OT but still no joy. In Incognito Mode I tried several attempts to paste in a link and search terms in the address bar with same result. A ten to fifteen second delay with SJ locking up for a few seconds (not responding), then when pasting a link or search terms to go/search, another several second delay before action completes.

Again, using SJ 32/b on a Win7pro machine.

Off topic, incognito tain't for me. No ad-blocking, scripting and tracking not blocked. All kinds of ads, pop ups, paywalls impeding the browsing experience. Use ScriptSafe, Ublock Origin, and Privacy Badger to help free yourself from the clutches of Web2.0 Surveillance Capitalism...

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

I am leaning toward malware at this point as I have not seen any other posts on the forum with the same problem. Be sure to do a complete scan with reliable anti-malware program.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

slimjetter

Post by slimjetter »

Update: Finally upgraded to ver 34.0.2

The address/search bar bug is gone. Whatever issues existed between ver 32 and my set-up are now resolved.

Can I get a hallelujah?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Hallelujah brother, sing it out loud!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11