Address and Search Bar Bug

Slimjet bug reports
slimjetter

Address and Search Bar Bug

Post by slimjetter »

With ver 32.02 and 32.04 I have a bug in the address and search bars. When I click in either box to type or paste the browser locks up and have to hard reboot via the task mgr. Using Win7 Pro PC.

Prob started with ver 32.02, causing a 5-10 delay with the hourglass icon.

Prob got worse with 32.04, now locking up browser.

How can I revert to a previous stable version?

slimjetter

Re: Address and Search Bar Bug

Post by slimjetter »

Following up, I closed SJ and ran CCleaner and BleachBit to clean em out and restarted SJ. The problem appears to be with right clicking to paste into either the address or search bars.

I'm getting a 5-15 second delay with the not responding msg at the top above the tabs and displaying the Windows hourglass down in the SJ window/tab. Eventually I'm able to paste but that causes further delay/lock up of SJ.

Am able to left click and enter data by keyboard into the address/search bars only since upgrade to SJ ver 32.

Still want to downgrade to ver 29 but unsure how to proceed. Can I just install it over top of ver 32? I'd really rather not uninstall ver 32 and delete user data (as advised by various online how-to guides) and lose years worth of bookmarks and settings, etc...

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

If you have not done so. Uninstall and then reinstall using the offline installer.
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

slimjetter

Post by slimjetter »

With current ver 32.04?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

Yes
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

Since when does Slimjet have a separate search bar?

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

It is mostly an annoyance, it appears up top just to the right of the URL address box. You can toggle it on/off in Settings.

Settings > Omnibox > Show dedicated search box

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

slimjetter

Post by slimjetter »

Uninstall/Re-Install didn't work, though the search bar works slightly better (shorter delay) but the address bar is still FUBAR for pasting and going...

Anonymosity

Post by Anonymosity »

oftentired wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:01 pm
It is mostly an annoyance, it appears up top just to the right of the URL address box. You can toggle it on/off in Settings.

Settings > Omnibox > Show dedicated search box
I see settings for search engines, but not for a search bar.

slimjetter

Post by slimjetter »

Anonymosity wrote:
Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:01 pm
I see settings for search engines, but not for a search bar.
Settings/ Omnibox - last item in list is a "Show dedicated search box" slider....

I just wish I could paste/go in address bar as I typically do for copied links from another browser.