[Fixed] Videos Facebook are playing slow motion

Slimjet bug reports
Joel

[Fixed] Videos Facebook are playing slow motion

Post by Joel »

Yesterday I started using Facebook in Slimjet, instead of Chrome. When I try watching a video, the video itself becomes a black screen and the sound plays on slow motion.

This doesn't happen in Chrome or Firefox, so I'm thinking it's a Slimjet bug? Even after upgrading to 4.0.2.0 it still happens. Tried restarting, no change.

oftentired

Re: Videos on Facebook are playing in slow motion

Post by oftentired »

I'm getting this problem too, it was after the 3.1.5.0 updated

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

oftentired wrote:I'm getting this problem too, it was after the 3.1.5.0 updated
ADDENDUM

For other reasons I needed to reinstall JAVA. After re-installing the video's started to play back correctly.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

I've been getting similar reports from other users. However, I wasn't able to reproduce the same issue there. If you guys have any public video link to share, feel free to post it here.

The videos I tested on facebook are all played with flash player, which should has nothing to do with the built-in h.264 codec we added recently. Please do a right click on the video and inspect the context menu. If it has an item about the version of the flash player, it is handled by flash.

I would have a hard time connecting the facebook video to Java, though. Is the video somehow handled by Java?
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

There was no right click context menu pop up for me. I have no idea if facebook uses java in the process of directing the video feeds to a player.

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

Do you have the link to the video?
oftentired wrote:There was no right click context menu pop up for me. I have no idea if facebook uses java in the process of directing the video feeds to a player.
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

oftentired

Post by oftentired »

flashpeak wrote:Do you have the link to the video?
oftentired wrote:There was no right click context menu pop up for me. I have no idea if facebook uses java in the process of directing the video feeds to a player.
OK problem still persists with some videos on facebook

here is a linked example
For those of you who wear aluminum foil hats, the voices lie, don't believe them!

32 Bit SJ on Win 11

dev

Post by dev »

oftentired wrote:

here is a linked example
Said vid plays fine for me in latest slimjet update. ? Could it be the version of flash that may be causing the problem or a codec problem or lack of a certain codec on your computer that may cause it ?

flashpeak
Site Admin

Post by flashpeak »

The video you posted plays just fine for me.
Since you mentioned Java, Java has been disabled by default since Slimjet 4.0. Refer to this other post I made.
oftentired wrote:

here is a linked example
Stephen Cheng
FlashPeak Inc.

slimram

Post by slimram »

This is getting to be confusing to users like me who are not so tech savvy. I installed java, rebooted, looked in Settings and enabled java, visited Oracles website for a java test and that failed. I visited Chromes site and followed their instructions re plugins. The video/audio problem still persists.

The title above is incorrect. The video in facebook plays at normal speed; it's the audio that is slow and not synchronised with the video. Seems to run at about 1/10th of the video speed. Is that a separate problem?