Slimjet 32.0.3.0 Crashes When Attempting to Access Youtube

Slimjet bug reports
slimjetuser55

Re: Slimjet 32.0.3.0 Crashes When Attempting to Access Youtube

Post by slimjetuser55 »

I have the same YT problem with the latest version of Slimjet. It seems that once every x time there is a critical bug that came from nowhere and make surfing with Slimjet very difficult/ impossible.I learn that I better have a solution so I can go further with Slimjet but without the bug. For me the solution is every time there's a new version I go to the download page of older versions and download the previous version and replace that one after delete the recent version with revo uninstaller. I also take care that synchronization with google is on so after installing the older version I have my browser like it was 10 minutes earlier.
All I need to do now is see when there is an update for the bug so I can update Slimjet again to the latest version.

bleep_bloop

Post by bleep_bloop »

I also have the Youtube crashing bug.

Interestingly if you clear all cookies relating to youtube in Settings, the issue is resolved. Until you login or accept Youtube's privacy terms and conditions and then... CRASH and each visit after.
So this is a cookie related error but I am not a programmer so my analysis ends here.

I tried disabling the 'Show download button under Youtube video' and that did nothing.

As others mentioned, you can still use youtube in Incognito mode, just without your subscriptions or ability to like/dislike, bookmark or comment, so not very useful.

Sadly I can not find the last 32.0.2.0 version anywhere to download. If anyone finds a link or has the full installation file I'd be very appreciative if they replied in this thread. I use Youtube daily so i will not be able to use Slimjet until this issue is resolved.

I have learned my lesson and will start storing all releases of Slimjet as there have been similar bugs in the past that caused crashes and the browser is the single most important app on a computer for most users.

slimjetuser2019

Post by slimjetuser2019 »

slimjetuser55 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:45 am
I have the same YT problem with the latest version of Slimjet. It seems that once every x time there is a critical bug that came from nowhere and make surfing with Slimjet very difficult/ impossible.I learn that I better have a solution so I can go further with Slimjet but without the bug. For me the solution is every time there's a new version I go to the download page of older versions and download the previous version and replace that one after delete the recent version with revo uninstaller. I also take care that synchronization with google is on so after installing the older version I have my browser like it was 10 minutes earlier.
All I need to do now is see when there is an update for the bug so I can update Slimjet again to the latest version.
After writing this I'm afraid to tell that this not work anymore. It works fine from 12PM till 18PM today, now it's the same as the latest version so I think it's not a Slimjet problem.

arengard

Post by arengard »

Здравствуйте! У меня та же проблема. Вылетает на рабочий стол при попытке перейти в Youtube. Настройки все проверил. Память очищал. Браузер переустанавливал. Не помогает. Что делать? Есть решение?

EDIT: Translation: Hello! I have the same problem. Crashes to the desktop when trying to go to Youtube. I checked the settings. Cleared the memory. The browser was reinstalled. Does not help. What to do? There is a solution?

Noobzoid

Post by Noobzoid »

This crashing happens to me also.

Spartan7

Post by Spartan7 »

Yes, I have Windows 7 , 64 Bit, Dell PC and everytime I go to Youtube in a tab; it(32 bit & 64bit) shuts down. I tried the Igcognito Window and that seems to work in 32 bit

But when I do try to update the latest update, it stops when opening the Update 86 File. It gives me this warning.

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please Install a program, or if one is already installed, create an association with one in Default Programs in Control Panel

What could this be? This is the 32 bit version. I just installed the 64 bit version, thinking it would be better but is not. I might try that when an update comes in.

Papabear502

Post by Papabear502 »

While I'm happy to see I'm not the only one having this problem, it still sucks.

I am running W7, 64-bit, and I've tried all the fixes everyone has suggested, nothing works. I even tried rolling it back to 30.0.0.0, and it still crashes. SlimJet has been great up until this fiasco. I hope it gets fixed soon.

lou3757*****

Post by lou3757***** »

Hallo,
dies ist nicht nur ein Slimjet Problem. Comodo Dragon und Iron Browser stürzen auch ab bei Youtube.

Grüsse
lou

Hi there,
this is not just a slimjet problem. Comodo Dragon and Iron Browser also crash on Youtube.

regards
lou

Ps. Opera und Firefox funktionieren
Ps. Opera and Firefox work

Mr_Electro84

Post by Mr_Electro84 »

Papabear502 wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:21 pm
While I'm happy to see I'm not the only one having this problem, it still sucks.

I am running W7, 64-bit, and I've tried all the fixes everyone has suggested, nothing works. I even tried rolling it back to 30.0.0.0, and it still crashes. SlimJet has been great up until this fiasco. I hope it gets fixed soon.
When the version 30 arrived, there was no problem with YouTube, perhaps the origin of the problem is not because of Slimjet, to see...
Mr_Electro84 - From France
Bonne année ! - Happy new year !
Windows 11 - Slimjet 42 (64 bit)

robcum23

Post by robcum23 »

I sometimes use Comodo Dragon which is also a Chromium based browser and it's happening with Comodo Dragon too. I decided to download the actual Chromium browser (Not Google Chrome) and so far it does not crash when opening Youtube.