Amazon article display problems (blank slider, error in seller information)

Slimjet bug reports
nima_amin

Amazon article display problems (blank slider, error in seller information)

Post by nima_amin »

Severe problem in displaying Amazon website:

This strange slider (how is this thing called) which since a stupid design change from Amazon's part a year or so ago comes in from the right when you want to see which sellers sell an article for which price and from whence you can then click on the seller's name to see his information (for example where he is located) remains blank.

https://www.amazon.de/Michelangelo-Zorn ... 3981044819
Here for example I wanted to see the offer for the "new (neu)" book, not the used one.

The problem might be on Amazon's side (which they deny), since it occurs all the same in the following browsers:
Internet Explorer
Pale Moon
Waterfox Classic
Slimbrowser
Slimjet (here even with the virigin guest profile without any history, cache cookies, add-ons etc.)

Result is all the same: a white slider or sometimes instead the message that something went wrong or page not found

With Edge everything is displayed properly. So I have inquired with Amazon whether they have negotiated an exclusivity contract with Microsoft which forces them to block all other browsers, but they said no, and then, of course, came the usual comment which always comes when website owners are idealess "use Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, since we cannot support all browser families), which is definitely not an answer at all, especially since Slimbrowser and Slimjet belong to the mentioned browser FAMILIES.

I am at al loss, does anybody have an idea?

Passenger

Re: Amazon article display problems (blank slider, error in seller information)

Post by Passenger »

Looks OK to me (I also scrolled all the way down).

What am I missing?