High CPU usage with Youtube

Slimjet bug reports
rafaelos

High CPU usage with Youtube

Post by rafaelos »

Hello

Windows 7 64 bit and slimjet portable 64 bit and 32 bit

I have High CPU usage (aprox 40%) when watching youtube for example 1080p rez (and also only when i open youtube page ) . I do not have this bugs on chrome 64 portable and edge 64 portable - last versions. (cpu usage is aprox 4 % and also in slimjet vers 29 .0.3.0)
This problem has been happening from slimjet versions 30.0.0.0 til 30.0.5.0

rafaelos

Re: High CPU usage with Youtube

Post by rafaelos »

However, there are five new versions. It's not youtube's fault. It's a shame that the technicians at slimjet don't care and don't want to solve this problem, which doesn't appear in other browsers. They are not professionals. Also, spotify from browser any song plays only 8 seconds then stops.

Slimjet has become almost unusable!

CrockPot

Post by CrockPot »

It is not actually Slimjet's fault but more like Chrome/Chromium intervention. They added a new dav1d decoder for the AV1 which is a huge memory hog. In the feature releases(it's already set and done,we just have to wait) they fixed the D3D11 to handle the AV1 codec.
Meanwhile i would suggest to everyone to download and install https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... kgioiakgal
and just use the H.264 instead.

P.S. Or even better one,forked and enhanced from the original one which gives the user to choose the codec:
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... ikinpkodlk

rafaelos

Post by rafaelos »

Thanks, but not works with h264 extensions. . Its ok only if I delete youtube storage - cookies every time when open youtube page ... I still think the slimjet technicians are amateurs (Chrome and Edge works well on youtube).

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

KatsukiDazo

Post by KatsukiDazo »

I also have high CPU usage with youtube. In my case even opening youtube without playing video the cpu usage is high.
In slimjet's taskmanager, I notice there is a service worker from youtube that keep on running with high cpu usage. The service worker is running from script "sw.js". Terminate this service worker fix the problem.
So if this is the case that causing your high cpu usage on youtube, you could Install "Reject Service Worker" extension to prevent this problem.

rafaelos

Post by rafaelos »

Thanks... 31 version seems to fix this bug...